XXVI

Jung Kook went to pick the twins from school. Moonlight immediately ran to him and showed him his gold star.

"Dad...I made a volcano..kaboom!" His hands were up in the air. Soon after, he saw Starlight bid goodbye to her friends and skipped towards them.

"Where's mommy?" She asked.

Jung Kook sighed and scratched his nape. "Mommy's sick.."

"Where is she Dad?" Moonlight asked before he opened the door.

"Well, Uncle Chul and Jimin are taking care of her..."

Starlight started to cry and some of her schoolmates looked at her. "Are you getting a diverse?"

"What?" He picked his daughter up and pat her back.

"Tommy...Tommy said that his mom is no longer at home because his parents are getting a diverse!"

"What's a diverse?" Moonlight asked when Jung Kook put her in her car seat.

Starlight wiped her eyes. "It's when parents no longer love each other, then we will be separated Moonlight...and then when we grow up, we will meet again. By that time, I am a beautiful lawyer and you are an investigator..."

"But I don't want to be an investigator..."

"You have to be! That's what the K-drama was showing last night. We will fall in love, Moonlight but we can't because we're related...!" Starlight cried and Jung Kook pinched her waist.

"What are you saying? He's your brother..."

"Moonlight, we will find out when we're older that we're not related though because your real father is a chaebol."

That's when Moonlight started to cry. "But I don't want a chaebol father...I just want daddy and mommy!"

Jung Kook laughed. He needs to talk to Aunt Linda about the shows that Starlight is watching. He stared at the empty passanger seat, thinking that if Minji was here, she would've teased the kids and laughed with him.

****

"How sure are you that Minji is having an affair?" Uncle Cris asked. They are talking in his study.

"There were pictures of them, erotic ones..." He leaned back at the swivel chair.

"Plus...they were meeting secretly."

"You know very well that I used to have Isabelle.."He breathed deeply.

"And Linda stuck by me...even if she had the every right to leave..."

"Uncle...please..."

"If what you're saying is true...believe me Minji will choose you over and over again--"

"Jung Kook, Cris...dinner's ready!" Aunt Linda called.

***
Jung Kook is laying in between Starlight and Moonlight. He just stared at the ceiling, thinking about Minji. Jimin texted earlier that her fever had gone down when they gave her paracetamol. He missed her terribly but at the same time, he's confused as to what to believe. A tear fell from his eyes remembering her and felt his heart become heavy because he yearns for her.

He stood and called Jimin.

"Hello, asshat.."  Jimin's voice was raspy.

"Sorry to have waken you up...I'm going there...I need to see her." He ended the call.

***

Jung Kook arrived in no time. Jimin was waiting for him outside the house.

"You're in your PJs..." Jimin laughed.