Chapter-4

Part-1(Utkarsh)

It was almost a good day till a phone call from my mother ruined it.
At around 1:00 am, I was about to sleep when my mom called. I was a little surprised because at normal days, she is fast asleep till that time. I picked the call and she told me that Dad got a heart attack. He is in the hospital and the doctors want her to sign a form in which it is clearly written that "If something happens to patient during surgery, hospital authorities won't be responsible for it." I became aware that she was in panic.
I calmed her down and said, "Don't worry Mom, sign it. I will be there in few hours and don't worry about the hospital bills."
I then hurriedly packed a few essential things leaving the clothes because I have many clothes in my Dehradun house.
But I realised that on coming Monday, my new furniture has to be delivered here.
So, I took the keys of my car, went out and locked the door.
I knocked on Palak's door. After around 5 minutes,she opened the door.Maybe she was sleeping.After she opened the door, I gave her the keys of my house and my mobile number and told her to receive my furniture on Monday. She asked whether there is some emergency. I said "Will tell you later."

                           Part-2(Palak)

Utkarsh came and gave me keys of his house,and his phone number. I couldn't make sense of anything happening here at my house. My place was again going to become patch-up place, Utkarsh was giving me his mobile no. and house keys. I reflexly asked him whether there's an emergency but he said that he will tell me later and rushed towards the parking.
I decided to sleep because my head would blast if I stood there even for a moment! I told Sayra that I am sleeping and I have no memory of anything that happened after that for the next 4 hours. I was sleeping with beautiful dreams.

I woke up in the morning at around 6:00 am. It was Sunday morning. I freshened up and I remembered that Sayra was here too. I went to the living guest room and she was fast asleep. I prepared the sandwiches for breakfast and woke Sayra up. Actually I am not a morning person but sometimes I become one.
Then, Sayra and Abhay patched up over a call and she went back. I worked on my painting for the rest of the day.
The next morning, I realised that it was Monday and I went to my office. When it was lunch break, I came home and called Utkarsh. He didn't picked up. So I texted him that when will his furniture arrive. He replied that it will arrive in half an hour.
I had my lunch and then, went to his house and it was amazing. When he came to my house, it was a complete mess and his house was contrastingly neat and clean. I felt a little ashamed of myself! There were many beautiful photographs of nature in his house. I was looking at them and then his furniture arrived, I received it and went back to my home. I texted him that I had received his furniture.

                       Part-3(Utkarsh)

I reached the hospital around 7:00 am. Mom was in panic. When I reached, she hugged me and told me that the operation was in progress. I sent Mom to have some rest and brought myself a cup of coffee. After around an hour, doctor informed us that the operation is successful and Dad is still under influence of anaesthesia. I told mom the same and she came there. We were relieved. After the death of my biological father, my mom was very depressed for 5 years until she met this person I call Dad now! I was 5 then. He supported and loved both of us and I love both of them. Doctor told me that Dad will be discharged after a week. That night, I sent Mom home and I stayed there as only 1 person is allowed with the patient.
On Monday, I received a message from Palak that my new furniture is well received by her. I was really very grateful to her. That rude girl has a  good, sensitive side to her! I smiled at this thought of mine. On Monday night, my cousin brother Rohit offered to stay at night. I didn't agree, but he insisted. So, I gave up!
I went home and told him to call me if needed. I slept after 4 days that night.
The next morning, I took a shower, had my breakfast with Mom and we both went to hospital with breakfast for Rohit. We were informed by doctor that we can meet Dad today after he is given his breakfast. We met him turn by turn and it felt good. The next Tuesday, Dad was discharged and we took him home. We were given Diet chart for him and he was told to do yoga every day. I texted Palak a few times but she hasn't seen yet.
I packed my bag on Thursday night and decided to go back to Chandigarh the next day.

                           Part-4(Palak)

When I went back to my office after receiving Utkarsh’s furniture, our boss informed us that our idea got approval and we are having our new research project from tomorrow onwards.We were a team of 4 along with our boss Mr. Bakshi. It was about using more nuclear reactions in medical field.  I was really very excited.
For the next whole week, I only talked to Dad and my research fellows. It was really a tiring week. This is always how it is during serious research projects. Few hours of sleep and many hours of serious work and almost negligible time for food. Coffee mugs are best friend during this time in a researcher’s life and  the best part is that all the people in this profession are used to it. This is a profession, I admired since my childhood. And I am in it to satisfy my passion for research.
There were a few messages from Utkarsh and many from my friends but I haven’t seen them(they know the reason) but Utkarsh don’t. Its fine and I don’t think so it is something important for him.
On Friday next week, we compiled our project and noted the results. Now, it was time for the higher authority to take a look and we were given 2 days off. When I reached home that day, I texted in our friend’s group. It was our chat:
Me: Time to celebrate🍾
Vani: Oh! Finally the girl is free!😅
Ankit: Good time! Gonna introduce you guys to Rewa
Sid: Oh! In which event you met her?🤔
Sayra: I guess in his latest show with VAYU band🤨
Ankit: Yes!👍
Me: Wow!That’s what you guys do behind my back🤨🤣
Sid:🤣🤣🤣🤭
Vani:  Sid, Btw no luck with any tourist?  
Sid: I don’t have that good luck!🥺
Me:🤣
Sayra: OK! I and Abhay will meet you tonight!
Me: Ya! Lets meet tonight
Ankit: At our spot!
Vani: At 9🤗
Maybe! You guys are thinking about our chats. Actually, Sid is a tourist guide, Ankit an event manager, Vani a fashion designer and Sayra- Abhay work in an IT company. When my research is over, we go out and celebrate at our spot. It’s a tradition in our group.
I got ready and reached our spot at 8:50. I was first to reach. It suddenly struck me  that I have Utkarsh’s house key with me. I called him.............
.
.
.
.
.
To be continued.........
Chapter-4(Coming Soon)
Plz do share your valuable feedback in the comments and vote for my story and share if you like it.
Forgive for any typo🙏