Chapter-6

Part-1 (Palak)

I went to his house at wrong time. He was arranging his new furniture. But I didn't liked the way he arranged his sofa set.  He might be good at keeping his house clean but he surely doesn't have any idea of interior designing. Because I am a straight forward girl, I told him that it isn't looking right. He then went to kitchen to make coffee and I knew that it was the right time to execute my plan. I hurriedly and in my senses re-arranged the sofa and also arranged the table, bookreck and the closet. He also had some indoor plants. So, I arranged all of them decently. Now, it looked good.
When he came back from the kitchen, the expression on his face was worth looking. His eyes were wide open like he had seen a ghost! At that moment, I didn't knew whether it was positive shock or a negative one. Just then, he shouted
"Amazing!!"
and kept the tray on a side cabinet, ran towards me and lifted me upwards with his arms shouting
"You really are amazing! You are such a good interior designer."
I was shocked at how he reacted. I didn't expected this kind of an expression. But to be honest, it felt good.
Then, he realised what he had just done and kept me down. He then looked down rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled. He then went to bring the coffee tray and avoided looking at me till this time. Then he said,
"Take a seat, Ms. Interior Designer"
"Sure!" I said laughing
"So tell me who are you- A nuclear scientist, an interior designer, a drunkard, a disobedient daughter, Papa's Princess or A Party girl? C'mon tell me. Fast!" he said sarcastically handing me the cup of coffee.
"Well, to be honest, I am all of them and  I also have some more sides to me which you don't know." I said laughing really hard.
"It's fine. I will come to know about it soon" he chuckled.
I suddenly remebered my reason of coming here and I asked him,
"So, do you wanna tell me something?"

                  Part-2 (Utkarsh)

"So, do you wanna tell me something?" Palak asked me
"About what?" I asked sipping my coffee and shrugging my shoulders.
"The Emergency for which you suddenly dissappeared for many days?"
"Oh! Yes! Actually my dad suddenly had a heart attack. So, I went to Dehradun."
"Oh! So, is he fine now?"
"Ya! Much better"
"So, you are from Dehradun? Or does your family lives there?"
"Actually, I am from Dehradun and my parents live there too.So, where are you from?"I asked her.
"Well, actually I am from Shimla but no one lives in our Shimla house."
"And Your family?"
"Actually my parents and brother own a business group in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Have you heard of Paperboat juices?"
"Yes! I have, does your family own this?"
"Yes!" She said
"So, why did you chose to be a nuclear scientist leaving your amazing family business?"
"To follow my passion for nuclear research."
"Amazing!"
"So from when are you in Chandigarh?"
"From past 3 weeks. Actually I am a wildlife photographer. Currently, I am hired by a wildlife photography company here to cover some major zoos of North India"
"It's really impressive. That's why you have these amazing photographs of animals in your house"
I smiled
"So, you love animals from your childhood?"
"Actually, it's in my genes. Both my parents are in Forest department. So, I get my love for nature and wildlife from them."
"It's really amazing, Utkarsh"
I liked the way she said my name in conversation. It really feels good. Isn't it?
Just then, she received a call from Sid.
She kept her coffee cup on the table and stood saying "Seems that he's here with my car. Ok! Bye Utkarsh. See you later"
"Have a nice day" I said.
She went out. I saw the time. 4:05 pm. It was a nice hour. I then took a shower.

                      Part-3. (Palak)

I was enjoying the conversation with Utkarsh when Sid called. I knew that he's here. I went down on the 5th floor from stairs. He was there outside my house.
"Hey" I said
He turned to his right giving me a "WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM" look.
I opened the door and we came inside.
"I was at Utkarsh's place."
"These days, Utkarsh is a trending name on your mouth. Ahmmm....ahmm" he teased me
I punched his arm saying "Shut up! It's never like that"
"But, Palak, I am serious." he said sitting ion the sofa
"About what?" I shruggged my shoulders.
"It's time for all of us to taste a serious relationship"
I ignored him and went to the kitchen, opened the refrigerator and threw a bottle of Pepsi towards him "Catch"
He catched the bottle and I bought a bowl of chips and sat on the other sofa.
"Palak, don't ignore. I am serious, See Sayra and Abhay- 4 years of relationship and maybe they will get married after 3 or 4 years."
"I doubt so, I don't have any idea about what Abhay thinks."
"Because he is not in our group. We hang out with him because of Sayra only. But I know Sayra well. She will make it work."
"But Sid, Abhay do have to invest in this relationship to make it work."
"That's a point, too" he said offering me Pepsi but I refused.
He took a sip from the bottle and I ate chips.
Then, he said "Your mom called me!"
"WTF! When?" I knew why would she have called him. From the time I have refused to consider Sohail's proposal, she have called almost all of them. First Sayra, then Ankit, then Vani and now Sid. IDK from where she get their mobile numbers. Maybe, she got in contact with them in Manav's engagement ceremony. The event from where all this drama started 6 months ago. I am really angry at her.
"So, do you wanna tell the same thing to me which Sayra, Ankit and Vani earlier told?" I said looking down ready to listen a lecture from him now that I should give Sohail a chance. Of all of them, Sid is the closest to me and somewhere I hoped that he would say no.
"No" he said
I smiled and looked towards him.
"I just wanna suggest you that maybe you should date him for a few days and then decently say No!"
I didn't reacted to him and kept eating the chips.
"I will think about it" I said after sometime.
"Sure girl! See you later, here are your keys" he said handing me my car's keys.
"Don't pick my Mom's call" I warned him
"Don't worry, I won't" he said walking out.
I locked the door and called Dad. I felt good talking to him. I didn't told him what Mom had done because I don't want to be a reason for fight for them. I checked the time. 4:55 pm. I made an abstract painting for the next 1 hour and then went to gym.

To be continued.......
Forgive for any typo and plz do vote and comment your opinion on this story.