Chapter Twelve

As side from Raven loosing control over her magic, Regina had gotten everything back in control. Emma and Henry finally learned that they could only meet on her terms. It gave her enough time to think. She needed to talk to Gold. She needed to see if he was truly awake.

She watched as Gold took away the flower's man truck. Maybe it was Gold beyond ruthless about his money or maybe there was a deeper meaning since he was the father of Bella. She couldn't tell yet. After all it was Valentine's Day.

Gold hobbled with his cane over to Regina. He's been doing a very good job of pretending as if he wasn't awake. "Good day Mayor Mills" Gold said. "That was a little harsh, Gold. You could've at least let the man sell his flowers" Regina commented. "He's an annoyance. I'm doing the town a favor by getting rid of his truck" Gold said. "I would respond but unfortunately I don't care. I have a question for you Gold" Regina stated directly.

Gold looked at Regina for a moment. He couldn't tell if Regina had figured out that he was awake. So chose to wait to discuss it until he knew more. "I'm afraid it would have to wait, madam mayor. I have other business to attend to" Gold as he prepared to walk away with his cane but Regina had stopped him. "No we're going to do this now" Regina said firmly. "Unfortunately Ms. Mills I don't want to. So if you excuse me" He said with a pause, "please" he added, before walking away for good.

Regina was almost certain that he was awake. Almost. He never used his pleases as often as he did before Ms. Swan came to town. That's when a plan came to her mind. She needed to have a talk with flower guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regina finally arrived to her office. But what she saw surprised her. Her office was filled with roses. Dozens of them. "Robin" she mumbled to herself. It had to be him. Who else would send her flowers. She didn't know what to think about this. Was it moving too fast with Robin? Was she catching feelings for him? Was Robin catching feelings for her? She hoped not. It would only end in a mess.

As if Robin knew she was thinking about him, he had called her. "Hello" Regina said as she picked up the phone. "Hey. Happy Valentines day. Did you see what I left you?" Robin asked her happily. He couldn't wait to hear her reaction. "I did. A lot of roses," Regina said emotionless. "You didn't like them?" he asked her sadly. "No, Robin they're great. You're great. I just didn't expect you to do that for me." Regina said honestly. "I'm guessing you didn't read the card then" Robin said. "The card? I'm sorry I just got here. What did it say?" Regina asked curiously. "It doesn't matter Regina" Robin said. He started to think he made a fool out of himself. He knew Regina wasn't someone who loved romantically. And even though it wasn't love yet, Robin wanted to learn to love her. He wanted to be with her.

"It does matter. Tell me..please" Regina said. "I asked you to be my girlfriend. Officially." Robin started. "I like spending time with you Regina. I like spending time with your family. I want to continue this farther and even though you and Emma have your outs, I think it's a misunderstanding. If you two talk you guys would see that." Robin said. "Robin, me and Ms Swan will never get along..and I would love to be your girlfriend.." Regina said. It was the most honest thing she had ever told him.

Regina couldn't see it but Robin was beaming on the other side. He felt like this was a step forward in their relationship. They were officially. "I'm so happy to hear that Regina, truly" Robin said with a bright smile. "I'm glad. I'll see you tonight Robin, okay?" Regina said. "I'll see you tonight" Robin said before he had hung up. Regina smiled to herself as she started to get to work. She was in a relationship. A really good relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who got you smiling like that?" Emma teased. "My girlfriend" Robin replied happily as he got up to pour him a cup of coffee. "Oh? So it's getting serious?" Emma asked him. "Pretty serious. I've had dinner with Henry and Raven already. I think they like me" Robin explained. "That's good. Henry does. He thinks you're Robin Hood" Emma said with a chuckle. "Robin Hood? What makes him think that?" Robin asked with a chuckle. "Besides the name? I have no idea" Emma said.