Chapter Eighteen

The atmosphere in the town hall was tense, a palpable hum of anxiety crackling through the air. Emma stood at the center of the room, her eyes darting between the chaotic scene unfolding before her. Snow and David were beside her, their faces etched with concern. But it was Raven, standing off to the side, whose heart raced with a mix of dread and uncertainty.

Regina and Robin stood inches apart, their expressions tense, locked in a heated discussion that felt like it would shatter the already fragile peace they had fought so hard to establish. The remnants of the curse still lingered in the air, a reminder that their struggles were far from over.

Suddenly, as if the very fabric of their world could no longer withstand the weight of their unresolved feelings, the magical hat in the corner of the room glowed ominously. Raven's breath hitched in her throat as she watched, transfixed, when a swirling vortex erupted from the hat, its dark tendrils curling and reaching out, pulling everything in its path toward it.

"Mom!" Raven shouted, her voice cracking with panic.

Before she could move, the hat enveloped Regina and Robin, their bodies disappearing in an instant. Time slowed, and Raven felt as though her heart was being wrenched from her chest. She sprinted forward, but the barrier of magic kept her at bay.

Emma turned to the Charmings, her expression a mixture of shock and determination. "We have to do something!"

David exchanged a glance with Snow, uncertainty flickering in his eyes. "But where would they go? We can't just jump into the hat without knowing the risks."

Snow bit her lip, her heart aching for Raven, who was frozen in place, the color drained from her face. "Do we even know if we can bring them back?"

Raven's voice cut through the tension like a knife. "You can't just leave them! We have to help them!" She stepped forward, her fists clenched at her sides, anger mingling with desperation.

"Raven, it's not that simple," Emma replied, trying to keep her tone calm. "Regina has made so many enemies. What if she's trapped with them?"

 Raven shot back, her eyes blazing, "If you care about Regina at all,  you'll go after them!"

The room fell silent, the air thick with unspoken words. The Charmings looked at each other, uncertainty clouding their faces. Finally, David sighed, his shoulders slumping. "We can't risk it. Not right now."

"Not risk it? You mean you're choosing Robin over Regina!" Raven cried, hurt slicing through her voice. "What if she needs him? What if she needs us?"

At that moment, the door swung open, and Henry burst in, breathless and wide-eyed, with Ruby right behind him. "What happened?" he asked, taking in the scene.

"Regina and Robin fell into the hat," Snow explained, her voice barely above a whisper.

Henry's expression hardened, determination etching itself into his young features. "We can't just leave them. I'll stay with Raven. We can figure this out together."

"Henry, you don't have to—" Emma began, but he interrupted her.

"No, I want to help," he insisted, looking at Raven, who felt a flicker of hope.

"Henry's right," Ruby chimed in, her eyes glimmering with fierce loyalty. "If we're going to do this, we need to stick together. But I think we need a plan."

"I can't just stay here while my mom's in danger," Raven said, swallowing hard, feeling a mix of gratitude and worry. "But I can't leave without knowing she's safe. If I go with you guys, we can find a way to get her back."

Snow nodded, her expression softening. "I want to get to know my step-sister, too. If this is what it takes to bring Regina and Robin back, then we'll help."