Emergencies

Harry's POV

Beep beep beep

I wake up to my alarm clock telling me it's 5:30am. I let out a sigh rubbing my hands down my face and getting up to go to the en suite bathroom. After having a wee, and brushing my teeth I put on some basketball shorts and a compression shirt. I grab my headphones, beanie and phone to head out on my morning run.

As I step out of the house and onto the sidewalk the wind hits my face waking me up even more. I start running and let my mind just go numb and not think about anything.

I get back to the house after about a half hour run all sweaty. I walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water when I see Louis sitting at the counter eating some cereal. He raising his head when he hears me walk in. "Hey, what are you doing up?" he asks. "Work at 7" I reply out of breath. He nods his head and goes back to taking a bite of this breakfast. "Why are you up?" I ask curious to know why he's up at 6am. "Couldn't sleep" he says. "Why?" I reply. "To much on my mind I guess". I nod my head in understanding asking "do you want to talk about it?". "No I'm just worried of what the reaction of me coming out is". "Well why should you care? If your happy then why should you care what other people think?" I ask him. He stares at me not really knowing what to say. I shrug my should finish my glass and head upstairs to take a shower and get ready for work.

I come back down in my scrubs and Louis is still there but this time on his phone. I see he's on Twitter looking at all the things people are saying about him. I grab his phone and shut it off and putting it out of his reach. "Hey whatcha do that for?" he asks a little annoyed. "Because you shouldn't care what people are saying. The only thing that is going to make things worse is ready those comments. Trust me." I say with a little sigh putting 2 eggs in a pan for breakfast. "And how would you know that mister doctor" he retorts. "Because when you get your PHD at 18 people talk about you and I've learned that reading the negative comments don't do anything good for anyone". I say not looking at him and continue putting my eggs on a dish and standing across from him at the counter. He doesn't say anything which causes me to look up at him. He's looking at me with concerned eyes like he knows what's happened in my life. But he doesn't know me, and I don't know him. So I finishing my eggs in silence I clean up and put my jacket on grabbing my backpack and keys. As I'm about to walk out the door my mum comes into the kitchen just waking up. Like routine I say good morning kiss her on the cheek and walk to my car to go to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally my day is over and I get my day off tomorrow. I come home to everyone in the living room watching the football game that's on right now. All the boys yelling at the screen because apparently the refs missed a foul. I don't know, I don't know anything about football. I say hello to everyone and go take a shower washing the day off. And like routine I put my sweatpants and sweatshirt on and go to the kitchen to get some food. My mum normally always eats before I get home from work so I get to have her leftovers. I eat and then join them in the living room for a little bit.

About half way through the game laughing with the boys and my mum I get a phone call. All the boys going back to paying attention to the game. I pick up my phone and see that the hospital is calling. "Shit" I say under my breath and Niall who is sitting next to me looks at me. I answer the phone, "hello?" "Dr. Styles it's nurse Kendall, he have an emergency" "what what happened" I rush out. "It's Mr. Mitchell, he's going into heart failure we have to move his transplant surgery to right now instead of tomorrow" "Fuck ok I'm on my way keep him stable". I stand abruptly seeing that everyone is now looking at me with concern. "Fuck I gotta go one of my patients is going into heart failure and I have to do his heart transplant surgery now or he dies" I say as I'm rushing around the house changing into scrubs grabbing my keys bag and sprinting out to my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis' POV

Harry stands abruptly making everyone turn to see look at him with concern. "Fuck I gotta go one of my patients is going into heart failure and I have to do his heart transplant surgery now or he dies" he says in a complete rush. Everyone let's put a gasp as he runs around the house getting his things and leaving. After he's left, the boys and I are sitting stunned as Anne looks completely calm. "Is this normal?" Liam asks still in his shocked state. "Yes for the most part, most of the time it's not this serious but yes sometimes he gets called in with emergencies like this" she says. I blink back to reality think about how incredibly that man is.