chapter five

CHAPTER FIVEFALLEN SOLDIERS(when the walls come tumbling down- epi vi)

CHAPTER FIVE
FALLEN SOLDIERS
(when the walls come tumbling down- epi vi)

Winnie had no clue where Vi was leading her to go, she was just listening as she moved them both as fast as she could, anxiety ripping her apart from the inside out. Vi hadn't stopped bleeding and Winnie was terrified.

"Silco's guards cannot be far behind us, we have to keep moving," There was desperation in Winnie's voice, begging Vi to not slow down anymore.

Vi was panting heavily, her body getting harder and harder to move.

"What the hell is that?" Vi forced out, trying to look up.

"The sign."

Vi knew Winnie didn't understand, she mumbled out "Never mind, just get me to the edge."

Winnie walked them over. They could use the metal to crawl down, but it was an incredibly long way down the pit for Vi.

"Can you do this on your-" Winnie was cut off by Vi throwing herself down. She flinched and watched as she went down.

She knew that pain, that panic of knowing your dying. She also knows the fear of holding someone, trying to keep them dying.

"Shit." Winnie jumped down after her.

When she landed Vi was barely holding herself up, and she immediately grabbed her again to offer the extra support. That's when she looked around.

Winnie had been here before, but only once, years ago before she even became a councilor. She and her mother brought food here, as well as blankets other things.

It was a pit filled with tents and people suffering from shimmer addictions. Most of these people hadn't seen sunlight in years. They were gonna spend the rest of their lives down here, in the dark.

Winnie noticed Vi trying to lead her to the inside of a house- well, it was more like a shack, but compared to 'homes' all around them, it was the nicest house there.

She opened the door and led Vi to a wooden end table to sit on, the wood had gaps between the planks, and bugs crawled away in panic as the loud sound echoed.

Vi grunted and clutched her side harder, the brown fabric almost completely soaked in blood. Winnie watched as Vi looked around like she was seeing things around them, but it was just them in there, the space almost completely open. She was right, this definitely used to be a home. There were even drawings on the walls in a separate room, they were clearly done by a kid years ago.