chapter nine

CHAPTER NINEHEXTECH (the boy savior - episode vii)

CHAPTER NINE
HEXTECH
(the boy savior - episode vii)

Winnie's childhood was filled with bright golden light and tasted like honey. The result of soulmates in every life including this one, she truly was the embodiment of love and warmth to the Datchery's. There was romance in her veins, but also something else.

Growing up was hearing the silence yell her name before her parents did, the unfamiliar voice always placing herself one step ahead of her parents. The sweet calls of 'Belladonna' coming out before it was even called. There was a deep intuition inside the young girl, much like in her mother. But for the young Belladonna, it ran so much deeper.

They didn't see her golden blood turn blue as the Arcane gushes out of her arteries. Her dreams were prophecy, and her anxieties were premonitions. Life felt like one big episode of deja vu.

But she was afraid, so afraid of what it was going to do to her. So she shoved it all down, Winnie knew she didn't have a choice, much like Cirena didn't. It never went away, though. Her dreams were next day's events and nightmares were soon tragedies. The gut feeling of something going wrong never failed her.

And sometimes things didn't make sense.

Like just now-

The moon painted with the color of blood, and the sounds of limping on metal. She could see Piltover on the horizon, the stars glistening behind it all. But all she could feel was death, and nothing shy of horror. And then she woke up.

Vi was sitting in a chair next to the bed Winnie was in. She was lightly snoring as her head fell backward. This felt right. Waking up next to her, spending the first moments of her day with the peace of them.

Winnie threw her legs off the side of the bed and sat up. Her gaze caught the window as the golden hours' sun pushed yellow light into the room. From the back, she looked like the sun. The golden rays kissed her tight curly black hair and left a crown around her head. The black and brown around her body hid her figure but with the light as bright as it is you could slightly see her frame through the tunic.

"Princess?" Vi's voice was raspy, and when Winnie's violet eye's met her grey she could see the exhaustion in Vi's form.

This week was long, it felt like months had passed by with each day. Both of them felt the pressure of this time weighing on more than their minds, at this point, it was weighing on their souls.

Winnie felt the universe collapsing inside her body, stars burning out into their black dwarf form as all its fuel burns out, a supernovae graveyard. This felt like the end of all her galaxies, the crashing of all the black holes sending sound waves across her cemetery of the cosmos.