chapter six

CHAPTER SIXSINS OF PAST(when these walls come tumbling down - epi vi)

CHAPTER SIX
SINS OF PAST
(when these walls come tumbling down - epi vi)

The door slammed open and shut within seconds. Vi hadn't moved from her position, the cloak still covering her as she sat. She was completely passed out, blood soaking through the brown fabric. Winnie sat down next to her, calling out to her.

"Vi."

Vi was panting heavily as she woke up, the pain was immense as she looked up, seeing her mother and sister standing over her. She blinked quickly and saw Winnie's form there instead, concern written all over her.

Winnie put the potion bottle up to Vi's lips and forced it down.

She inhales sharply before leaning forward, screaming. It shot through her veins and her eyes turned the purple color before it all stopped. Her wound was completely healed, but the soreness replaced the pain. Vi was breathing heavily, lightly gasping over the shock. Winnie leaned towards her, grabbing her face lightly, barely any space between the two.

"Easy, easy, easy," Winnie whispered, trying to soothe her.

The two stared at each other, not moving. Vi steadied her breathing but didn't move. Winnie fully took in her features, looking from the shape of her nose to the tattoo on her cheek below her eye. She was mesmerized by her, almost everything about her enraptured her. She needed to move.

Winnie let go of Vi's face, standing up and turning around quickly.

"We need you back on your feet," Vi grunted from behind Winnie, "What was the name Sevika gave you? Jinx?"

"Right. Jinx. How could I forget," Vi said it like she wanted to.

They sat there quietly for a moment, both enjoying the peace between them. It was the first quiet moment they had, one where they could just sit with each other's presence. But for Vi, echoing in the silence was Winnie's voice. The story of the Piltover apartment crashing down on her and her father. . . Her arms almost completely crushed, her father half dead.

She felt sick to her stomach, the worst feeling of guilt eating at her damn soul. They very well could've ended Winnie's career, stunted the rest of her life- Hell, they ended her dads'.

"Princess. . . Did you ever find out who those kids were? The ones who broke into that apartment?" Vi watched how tense Winnie got, noticing then that her corset was off. Vi looked around the ground for it, but it wasn't there.

"No, I didn't. I don't need to. They were just kids, so was I. We all do what we want until we have no choice but to do the things we need, and those kids needed to do that to survive. Piltover put them in that position." Winnie was staring hard at a metal pillar, there were names on it and lines. It was marking heights.