35. Work It Out

My eyes stayed on Vinnie as Nick and Ryland stood next to me, staring at each other.
"Oh shit, aren't y'all like together?" Ryland asked and I nodded slightly.
"To be fair, it did look like he turned her down." Nick stated as my eyes flicked to him.
"Well she felt comfortable enough to kiss him." I whispered, "I'm just going to go to bed, it's been the worst day."
"Okay goodnight." They smiled back at me as I walked away from them, knowing Vinnie was still watching.

"Sam, can I just..." He stood up as I passed him, but I kept walking. "Sam!"
I walked through the crowd of people, knowing that Vinnie was following me. I ran up the stairs and to my room, closing the door only for a second before it opened again. I felt my eyes water over as the door closed again, knowing that he was in the room with me.
"I can't believe you." I whispered, glancing over my shoulder to see him standing there.
"I didn't mean for it to go that far. Baby you've got to believe me." He whispered as a tear fell down my cheek.
"I can't believe you showed up with her in the first place. And for what? To make me jealous? To... to prove that we're not in a ... whatever." I stuttered out, wiping the tear from my cheek as another fell.
"Oh baby please don't cry." He whispered as I grabbed a sweatshirt off of my bed, throwing it on. He stepped towards me, his hands pressing to my waist. I glanced up at him, seeing that his alcohol-stained eyes were glossed over as well. "Don't cry."
"Vinnie, I... I can't." I whispered feeling his lips press to my cheek, slowly moving down closer, until he reached my lips. One of his hands ran behind my head, holding me in the kiss.
"There is no one that I'd rather be with right now." He whispered as he pulled away from the kiss.
"Vinnie, you kissed her, right in front of me." I shook my head, my hands pressing to his chest to push him away.
"I didn't, she kissed me. I stopped the kiss I promise. And told her to get fucked, that's why she left in such a huff." He insisted, but I shook my head.
"Can you please go home. I'm too drunk to talk about this right now." I whispered, continuing to push him away.
"You don't want me to stay?" He asked but I shook my head.
"No thank you. I just want to be by myself tonight." I pleaded and he nodded slightly.
"Okay, sweet dreams. I'll, uh, see you tomorrow." He whispered and I nodded, watching him leave. I walked to the window, waiting a few minutes before he and Kio walked outside, waited for an uber and leaving.

-

I woke up the next morning to my alarm, groaning to myself as I rolled out of bed. I walked into my bathroom, dressing into some grey sweatpants and a grey sports bra. I grabbed my bag and ordered an uber, assuming everyone was making their own way to the airport. 
It wasn't long until we arrived at the airport, I walked into the private jet area, finding Vinnie standing outside of it.
"Hey, it's 6:10 where is everyone?" I asked and he shrugged.
"I don't know, Kio was gone when I woke up so they should be here." He answered and I nodded.
"Okay, let's just board and hopefully they'll turn up soon." I ordered, walking up the stairs to make Vinnie follow me. I opened the door, walking in to find that everyone had already boarded, leaving two spare seats, right next to each other. My phone buzzed as I froze, seeing that Kio had texted me.

--
Kio: Sit down, work it out.
Sam: I hate you guys.
--

I walked over to one of the seats, glancing at Vinnie to see that he was texting as well. Presumably the same text from Kio. He looked up at me and slowly made his way over. I watched as he slung passed me, taking the window seat. Hugh closed the door before the plane started to move, I glanced up at Vinnie who was staring at his phone.
"So Kio wants us to talk..." Vinnie whispered and I nodded slightly.
"Mmhmm." I hummed, I rested my head back and closed my eyes.
"So, can we talk?" He asked and I shook my head.
"Not yet." I groaned, waiting until we reached cruising altitude, when we could stand and walk around on the plane.
"I need a drink." I whispered to myself as I stood up, walking to the back of the jet. I grabbed out the vodka, pouring myself a glass with lime.