Chapter 5: All Is Revealed

3rd POV

Y/N: "What's wrong? Speechless?"

Ruby slowly backs up. Her mind was racing.
Ruby: "But, no it can't be..!"

He grins as he goes to the other Y/N and picks him up.

Y/N: "Oh yes, we fooled you didn't we. And it was so easy to get her involved."

The copy of Y/N suddenly changed into a shorter girl with pink and brown hair.

Y/N: "I love an easy deal..."

Ruby: "No! This is all a trick! It can't be!"

Y/N: "Oh but it can be! The boy you admired so much was the green goblin!"

Ruby: "S-So everything that we've been through, was just a lie!!?"

Y/N: "Oh.....Not exactly..."

Y/N: "Y/N did have something special for you, hell I even offered you a chance to join us...."

Ruby: "What....?"

Y/N: "But just like him, you were both too weak...."

*flashback*
*7 months ago*

We see Arthur dragging Y/N into his lab.

Arthur: "Damn Salem, telling me to pull the project. I'll show them...this is my greatest achievement."

He opens the entrance of his lab, which shows many different weapons. Including bombs and green liquid all around.

Y/N: "What....is all this..?"

Arthur: "Ironwood had me design an exoskeleton armor...one that can amplify a person's strength and can easily shatter a person's aura in just a few strikes..."

He sees a containment pod that opens as Arthur puts multiple vials of the liquid inside.

Arthur: " I invented a performance enhancer, that can give off more support. With it, we could destroy more and do more..."

Arthur: "But...they don't want any risks..."

Arthur: "Which is why you are going to test it."

Y/N: "What?! Why me?!"

Arthur: "Because I said so, Boy!"

He forces him into the pod and locks it. Y/N kept hitting the glass door, yelling, screaming to get out. As the green gas started to flow within the pod.

Arthur watched as the gas fully covered the pod, waiting for results.

Inside, Y/N felt like his body was splitting in half. He felt more pain than he has ever felt in his life. He starts to tear his shirt open as his body slowly changed to get more muscular. His mind felt like it was breaking in half as a gas around him formed a Goblin-Like mask in front of him before fully taking him over.

After a while, the pod opens, revealing a knocked-out Y/N on the ground.

Arthur walks up to him while checking his pulse.

Arthur: "Still alive....good, I need you for more tests....."

*2 months later*

Over 2 months have passed since Y/N's first experiment with the gas. Unknown to Arthur, he became addicted.
He heard this voice, that guided him, telling him ways to change the formula fully to perfection...

He waited until he was the only one up to test the perfected formula.

He takes his shirt off and stretches a bit.