thirty-six.

ETHEREAL | 28.1
"PROM IS OVERRATED"
I CAN'T BE THE ONE TO STOP YOU

HOPE WALKS DOWN THE STAIRS AT THE SCHOOL and was startled by the sight of her entire family

"Surprise!"

"Oh," Hope says, "What are you guys doing here?"

"It's prom eve!" Rebekah says as she rushes toward her niece, "Aside from your wedding day, this is the most important day of your life."

"It is?" Hope asks looking over at her mother.

Hayley shrugs, "That's what your aunt says."

"Besides we heard that you've had a pretty traumatic last couple of weeks," Kol says.

"Oh yeah, the whole my ex-girlfriend being evil and trying to cause me emotional trauma? Yeah, it was pretty bad, but it's over! The Salvatore School has been accident-free for the last five days," Hope states.

"Wow," Marcel says, "Five whole days."

"Hey," Hope says, "That's a success by our standards."

"Where is Caroline? I'd like to speak with her about prom arrangements," Klaus states.

"By prom arrangements, he means that he'd like to flirt with her," Freya teases with a smile and Klaus places a hand over his chest.

"That is not true!" he retorts.

"Whatever you say," Freya responds.

Keelin looks around, "So I'll ask the question since no one else will. Who are you going to prom with?"

"Oh," Hope says, "I don't exactly have a date."

"You don't have a date?" Rebekah asks with a frown, "I thought you were going with Josie?"

"She's going with Lizzie."

"Natalie?" Keelin suggests.

"She's not going at all," Hope says, "We've all tried to convince her and when I say all of us, I mean all of us. She's not in the mood."

"Let me talk to her," Klaus says, and everyone looks at him skeptically, "What? I'm also a reformed killer, I know a thing or two about guilt."

"Natalie's not a killer," Hope insists, "She's never killed anyone when she's been herself."

"Well, I can still talk to her, maybe convince her to go to prom?" Klaus tells her, "I mean we all know that you want her there."

"I do," Hope says, "But if she doesn't want to go, I don't want to force her."

"That's our job!" Caroline says as she walks up to the group, Bonnie and Elena trailing behind her, "Hello Mikaelsons! Today is a wonderful day!"

"Do you have the itinerary?" Rebekah asks.