Chapter 9. Off to find the Ring

M.C. and Swift were running through the woods, M.C was telling Swift about where they were going and how he found the ring in the first place

"So, there I was running through the woods, chasing a human so I could drink their blood. They were a very large so I thought that meant they have more blood to drink. They were screaming as usual and they were looking over their shoulder like an idiot and then ran into this huge temple. Oh my god their face was so funny! But now their dead, cause I sucked them dry of their blood but it was hilarious!" M.C explained ducking over branches. 

"That sounds so funny man, we need to go hunting together more often. We never do that anymore by ourselves" Swift said while jumping over a river

"Yeah but you know pops never left us go alone since we go 'Too far'" M.C rolled his eyes and did air quotes.

"I know right, we don't go that far" Swift agreed.

They both laughed, and they turned left and right for the next 6 minutes.

"Yo when are we going to get there?" Swift asked.

"Like, I dunno 3 minutes with our super speed" M.C told him while shrugging. 

"But we've been running for over 20 minutes in super speed." Swift said with a worried look.

"Yeah it's far away cause it's ancient dude" M.C said in way that made Swift sounded stupid for saying something like that.

After a few more minutes they made it out to a clearing. They stopped running and looked around. 

"Why is it in a clearing instead of being surrounded?" Swift questioned.

"No idea man" M.C told him and started walking to the front of the temple, Swift followed soon after, and they just looked around the halls.

When they were chatting about the ring Swift stepped onto a tile and sank a bit. Swift and M.C both looked at each other with a confused look on their faces. An arrow came from the right of the hallway and went into Swifts outer bicep.

"Ow! God this place has traps!" Swift yelled, having one eye closed in pain and ripped the arrow out of his bicep and there was a rip in his coat.

"Don't worry dude, this should have built a long time ago so the arrows shouldn't effect vampires like us. Just be more careful." M.C warn Swift while looking at where the arrow came out of.

Swift rolled his eyes and they both started to walk to the main room, passing many traps and challenges.

"Why is there so many traps here!?" Swift shouted, very annoyed with all the wounds in him while M.C was perfectly find and whole.

"And why are you so calm!?" Swift questioned his brother.

"Cause I've been here before stupid" M.C teased.

They walked down some dark stairs and saw a giant pillar with a box on top.

"Don't worry dude, I can jump higher then you, so I can carry you, jump up and then throw you so you can reach up, grabbed the box and come back down. Easy peasy lemon mc squeezy" M.C told him, getting ready to jump.

"I guess that's one way of doing it" Swift shrugged and jumped in M.C arms.

"Come on bunny boy, do your big hops" Swift laughed as he tease his brother.

"Ya know what, let's do this the hard way" M.C threaten. He threw Swift up in the air and jumped up. He was in back of Swift and kicked his back towards the top of the pillar. He looked downwards as he was falling at a fast paste. He turned his body upside down and held out his hands. 

When he reached the ground, he landed on his hands wince a bit at the pain and flopped on his stomach.

"Ow, rude much ground" M.C said while banging his fist on the ground. He got up and stomped. "Take that"

Meanwhile with Swift, he also landed on his stomach but started to slip off the edge of the pillar, he desperately clawed at the stone and saved himself at the very end. He struggled to pulled himself up and tried to lift his legs to hoist himself up. He was successful and huffed. 

"Rude much!?" Swift shouted down towards to M.C

"Sucks to suck butter cup! Now get the ring so we can go!" M.C. shouted back.

Swift was making high pitched whiny sounds to micking M.C talking. He walked up towards the box and grabbed it. He opened it and there was a sliver ring with a sun on it. He smiled and closed the box. He went towards the edge of the pillar and took a deep breath. He turned around and fell backwards. He closed his eyes and held the box tightly, he prayed that he will land safely.  

He flopped at bit, when he felt someone grabbed his waist, but he was upside down at that point and his head was so close to touching the ground. He opened his eyes and looked up. M.C was hanging onto him and set him down gently, M.C didn't want to explained to Pops why his older brother was in a coma.

Swift was standing up and held out the box.

"You don't think the temple is going to, I dunno start crumbling down?" Swift asked while staring at where he was before.

"Nah" M.C shrugged and they both began to leave the temple while looking at the ring, they left in mostly in one piece. It was still day light out, and they wanted to test out the ring. They didn't get burned before because of the coat and mask, Swift put on the ring and took of his coat, he was hoping he didn't get burned, that would be worst then being covered in holes.  

His coat was off and he stood in the area with the most light. But to his surprise he didn't burned, he was completely fine.

"It worked! Yes, now I don't have to wear that coat all the time" Swift cheered.

"I'm glad now come on, let's go back to that farm house or dude whatever you want to do for your crush~" M.C swoon and waved his hand at his face, like it was mini fan.

"Quick it" Swift said while pushing away M.C.

M.C kept on teasing him while they were running back to Mikey, but Swift had an idea.

"Hey M.C could you watch over Mikey for a while? I wanted to go spy on his brothers and his two friends...." Swift told him.

"Sure dude, I can watch over him for a while" M.C agreed. 

"Good, alright let's get there quickly, and make sure you let me know if anyone gets there. But don't let that person take Mikey" Swift said while he ran faster.

"Got it, got it don't worry dude no one is going to steal Mikey while I'm there" M.C. said while pointing to himself with pride. 

"I'll hold you to that" Swift smiled.