7. Begining of Something New

Soon another year passed. This New Year was special. Yes I resigned my job and started my own practice in Mysore. Finally after so many I will be there with my family. Yah I sound like a home sick. After being outside for more than 7 yrs I think it is obvious to feel so. After a long tiresome day when you go back home, to your people, it's a great feeling I tell you. In home nobody will judge you. Nobody will say "when you were earning a fair amount why you want to take risk?" "You are new to this field, you have no experience" etc. You don't need to impress people. There will be no competition. They will always accept you the way you are.

My helped family me a lot. I became busy going here and there for getting my Certificate of practice and even searching a decent place for starting my firm. In all this, Rajkumari was just silently helping me. One day I asked her, whether I did a mistake by starting my own firm? She just questioned me in return, "were you happy working in that big company with those heavy pressures, deadlines?" I said, "no, but I used to get more salary, I don't have anything now. I have put all my savings here, pledged your gold......" she smiled. I didn't get it why she smiled. I asked her to tell me what was going in her mind.

"Now you will be earning less but remember you are the boss. Soon you will have people working for you. Nobody will come and ask how much you earn? It's just a beginning. You won't get a tree as soon as you sow a seed and water it. It takes time but in the end it will be worth doing. Right now we might have put all our savings to this firm. But that doesn't mean we can never save. And gold, don't our parents always say that we have to make some gold, it will come to help at the time of need. So all those ornaments are now helping you. You don't have to go to people and beg for money and all. Even if it was with me I would have kept in bank. I never ware them. In future when this firm grows, then you can get me twice the amount of gold that you have pledged. Okay?? Don't worry yaar; we can survive few months without having outside food. It's okay to go in public bus and save petrol money."

"Hmmm, okay. Rajkumari, will you never ask me why I suddenly resigned to my job without telling anyone?" she just stood up from the chair and went near the window and said, "When I know the reason why should I ask? You think I have forgotten those days where you come home late nights and still your boss felt you don't work enough? Just to make your clients happy, you were made to change the reports in their favor and act like their slaves. Pressurizing you, to work on the weekends asking you to stay up late in the night just because you're a bachelor and you stay near to the office. You think I have not seen the frustration in your eyes? Don't forget Vinay, I know you better. You are soft. You are not like them. You will never work for doing favors. You help people but you won't cheat them. You have your own ethical behavior and I appreciate it. Its okay Vinu, I am proud of you. My heart says that one day you will become a famous man. Never ever under estimate yourself. "

I had nothing to say, even my parents were angry at me when I told them I had resigned. They were angry because I had just finished paying the loan I had taken for the flat. I was just settling in life and what will I do without a secured job was their concern. My savings were not so good enough. I was really frustrated with my work. Even after working good I was never appreciated for it. I was having health issues as I had no proper timings of work. She knew everything. The only bestie with whom I used to go and deposit all my feelings and those feelings would be safe in that locker. There were times when I would never tell anything to her but she would get to know it by my eyes and my voice. I don't know how but whenever I ask her she would say that she knows me better than I know myself.

Her results were out. All her friends were busy writing PGCET to join in best of best colleges for their Masters. But right now I wasn't in the position to pays huge amount of fees for her masters. I felt very bad about it, but she was never sad she just came and said "aree, you know from next year the syllabus will be changed. So I think I should study MBA in new syllabus. That will be more helpful. Till then I can work with you and get experience, the practical knowledge. And most of all we can spend time together. What you say?" She always had a weird way of looking at things. She never felt sad that she will be discontinuing her education. She always feels there is always positive in negative situations.

Appa told all his friends about my firm and like that the news was spread amongst them. Some of them came to me for the help. In all these Rajkumari was with me. It was bit difficult in the starting to get clients as people will think going to older auditor would be better than a new auditor. In my 5 years career I had gained much experience to survive in this competitive world. Though I couldn't get many clients, I was happy. She was working with me day and night as if she was an employee. She never complained. Within a year I was well established and I have ten people working for me.

My Parents were happy as everything is getting back to normal. As I had rented my Bangalore flat, I used to get a fair amount to lead a good life. I started to save for her further education also. As doing MBA with cost lakhs along with donations and all she said she that would like to study Law and become a lawyer like Samson Sir (her favorite Law professor.)

She got into one of the best law schools in Mysore. Everyone was happy saying that in the whole family like Vinay is the first CA she will become the first lawyer. I was very happy because she after doing law can also work with me as a legal advisor of my firm. I know I am kind of selfish in these matters.

As days passed into months, and months passed into years our love for each other grew more and more.