002

"WHO's that?" a boy with black hair spoke. it was the third week of hawkins high and this was a small town. everyone knew everyone, so to see a new face was odd. especially after the events of last summer, why would anyone wanna move here?

the group of girls that surrounded him shifted their gaze to the red convertible mustang that had just pulled up to the school.

"be good." david spoke, giving anais a side eye.

"you know i won't." she smirked, grabbing her bag that sat beside her chair in the car. she grabbed in and stepped outside the car, looking around at the high school in front of her and all the students in their little cliques.

everyone stared at her as she looked oddly familiar. their gazes followed her every move; the girl in baggy green cargos and a gray and black striped shirt that cropped above her stomach and exposed her piercings, simultaneously falling off her shoulders and exposing her bra strap which was considered a bit taboo. black headphones around her neck, sunglasses covering her eyes and hair wild but free in the wind. she looked cool, she looked new.

one girl scoffed. "honestly what a whore, cant even cover up." she looked to her friends, urging them to agree so she wouldn't be embarrassed in front of the boy.

another one nodded. "yeah, totally. like hello? have some class?"

the girls held their breath anais began to walk past their group. she turned her head, puckering her lips and blowing a kiss at them. yes, she heard that. no, she didn't care what a bunch of randos had to say, she dressed that way for herself. what they thought didn't matter.

"dude." the boy of the group laughed, hitting his friend on the shoulder. "that's anais higgins."

the blonde's eyes widened as she stared at anais' back. her arms stretched up, exposing the tattoo of a butterfly with entwining vines spreading from its wings.

"no fucking way."

she looked around the building when she made it in following the signs to the main office where ladies in blazers with high buns sat at office desk, steaming mugs of coffee in hand.

"excuse me?" anais said, stepping into the room and looking at an old white woman with graying hair.

"yes dear?" she asked, looking up with a smile that turned into slight horror. maybe it was the lip ring, or maybe it was the double nose piercing that threw her off.

"i need my schedule, anais higgins."

she stared for a few seconds before blinking and nodding, digging through files. anais could practically see the sweat drip off her face, was it that serious?

"here you go.." she spoke and slid over the paper. anais have a fake smile and took the paper, reading it before.

first period: science , clarke 304
second period: ap english, matthewss 201
third period: geometry, danvers 401
fourth period: ap history, smith 307
fifth period: lunch, cafeteria
sixth period: study hall
seventh period: gym

she was relieved she at least wouldn't have to take algebra again because it was hell enough the first time.

the bell distracted her from her thoughts and she sighed a bit, it was finally time. anais made her way to the third floor of the school, pushing down on the handle and opening the door to mr clarke's science room. he stopped speaking to look at her and smile.

"class," he spoke to the group of teenagers who stared. "we have a new student joining us, all the way from australia! would you like to introduce yourself?"