012

anais' point of view

cold. that's all this room was- well it was more like a long never ending hallway in my opinion. i can no longer hear the static on the radio, so i know i've done this successfully. i begin to walk, were my feet on the cold wet floor of this black box. i hated coming into this, i called it the void state. here my body was asleep but my subconscious one was wide awake as well as my mind. nothing really mattered here, here i let thoughts pass.

i start thinking about why i'm here and the girl i'm trying to find. i realize i don't know what she looks like now because i haven't seen her since i was 5. five,, i wonder how they're doing.

i shake those thoughts off as other ones pass and continue to walk. would she even recognize me? would she even know what to do?

at the end of the room i see a girl. she's wearing a flannel shirt with her back facing me. a full head of brunette hair. she faces a tv, hands digging into what i can only imagine is a popcorn bowl. this state doesn't allow me to see much, only what's necessary. as i approach i can tell she feels the energy shift, my energy that has weighed into whatever room she is in.

i walk over and stand to the side of her. i'm getting a good look the girl's face, and she's quite pretty to be honest. she doesn't look at me which is strange, because you can usually see the other in this state but i guess not in her case. still though, i know she can feel the energy as i see her shift over away from me slightly and glance at where i stand.

i have no clue what to say to her. what could i possibly speak about? that i like her ex boyfriend and he's a total dick? hey sis, i'm totally crushing on your ex and he's totally stomping on my heart right now! love ya!

then another thought passes, i don't wanna be here. it's not that i don't wanna speak to her, it's just i don't know how. she slowly turns her head again and looks at me. we're making eye contact and i'm fucking frozen.

"hello..?"

my whole body went cold. what the fuck? can she see me? eleven continued to stare at me. she reached her arm out, swatting the air in the room and i jumped back in fear that she would grab me from the void and pull me into wherever the hell she was. i reach behind my head and untie the bandana. as it falls off my eyes i'm brought back into my own reality with a solemn feeling pitting in my stomach. i don't know whether to cry or scream. my breathing is heavy and i find myself clutching my chest. i am not ready to go back.

just let it go.

•••
saturday, october 7th; 12:05 pm

"goood afternoon hawkins. it's your favorite radio host, steven zhaou, coming to you live from WYZT. your place for music." steven said enthusiastically into his microphone.

"today i am broadcasting an exclusive interview.  you know her and you love her. she's an icon, she's a legend and she is the moment. the teenage idol herself, ms anais june higgins!"

"hii!" anais spoke into the mic. she fixed the black headphones that sat on her ears. the camera zoomed in on them. this interview would be broadcast on both the station's radio and tv channel.

"i see you're kind of dressed down today. our viewers must be wondering why."

"oh yeah!" anais said. he was referring to how she wore a white graphic tee that said speedster in red letters with an old 50s face car on it. along with that a pair of mom jeans and red high top converse. "well i'm going out with some friends after this, so i had to keep us simple you know."

steven laughed and folded his hands on the desk. "so obviously we know why you're here, the pop world has some burning questions for you."

"and i am here to answer them to the best of my ability." anais smiled, she mimicked his behavior.