Chapter 8

Lady Kailani surely didn't mean the wall that keeps the employees out right, Samantha said, hoping that everything she just heard wasn't true. We need to go and find the others. Samantha said as she began to leave the room. Samantha stopped when she noticed Bob wasn't moving. Bob? What's wrong? Samantha asked. I'm not going with you, Bob replied while staring at the ground. What? Samantha whispered. Why do you refer to me as one of the others? Because your friend Bob now lets go, Samantha replied while pulling on Bob's arm. Tell me the truth Bob yelled as he pulled his arm away from her. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?! Bob yelled. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! Samantha cried out. What..? Bob whispered. I've loved you ever since I met you in kindergarten. So please help me find the others Samantha begged. Samantha ran out of the room but this time Bob followed. The desk's on the first floor were all empty now. As they ran out of the door of the building they stopped in horror. The beautiful city was now destroyed. There were corpses everywhere of both employees and people. Samantha saw Olivia and Max hitting an employee. Just as the employee was defeated another one appeared behind them. MAX, OLIVIA WATCH OUT delilah yelled and to everyone's horror delilah jumped in front of max and olivia. Samantha watched in horror as the creature attacked delilah. Delilah fell to the ground not moving. Max and Olivia began attacking the creature and as soon as the creature stopped moving, Max ran straight to where Delilah fell. Max immediately checked for a pulse. She's alive but she won't be if we wait to bring her to a hospital any longer, Max whispered. Well come on, we don't want to wait any longer, because she will die. Max rushed Delilah to the hospital, well screaming HELP. By the time they got to the makeshift hospital she had already passed away. Max was bursting in tears, everyone bursted in tears with Max and Samantha asked for help.Max setted up a funeral for Delilah and invited everyone that Max knows. Max was crying after saying what happened to Delilah. Everyone was crying when Max explained what happened to delilah. Everyone grabbed a rose and placed it on delilah's heart,Even Delilah's parents came and heard the news, it was only ten hours after delilah's funeral that everyone in the city was called to the front of lady kailani's building but instead of lady kailani speaking there it was her daughter Riley. Why is Riley up there instead of lady kailani, Samantha heard a couple civilians ask. Max was still crying from the loss of delilah and Olivia was trying to comfort her. May I have your attention, Riley said everyone stopped talking and turned to face riley.Where's Lady kailani?! a couple people yelled. Lady Kailani is dead. As her only surviving member of the kailani family I will be taking her place, Riley stated. Let us honor all those who have died. Riley's new guards began to read the names of all the people who had died during the attack and how. Hailey Miller died in battle the guard stated to the public. A couple people began crying. It felt like hours before delilah was finally mentioned. I have to go, Max said and ran out of the crowd. Wait, come back, Samantha yelled. Samantha ran out of the crowd to catch up to max. Samantha soon found Max crying in front of the rubble of a house. You know when I turned eighteen me and delilah were going to get married and move in here, Max whispered. I'm so sorry Max,Samantha said. It's fine it was just not meant to be max whispered as she stood up and walked away. Just as Samantha began to stand up two guards came and restrained her. What are you doing?! Samantha yelled. Lady Riley requests your presence, one of the guard's said. Samantha soon arrived in front of the now deceased lady Kailani's office door.inside the office was Bob,max and olivia. Lady Riley We have brought the travelers to you the guard restraining olivia. Thank you Lady Riley replied. You may now leave. The guards released Samantha and walked out the door. The guards holding the others also released them. Why are we here? Bob nervously asked. We have reason to believe you weakened the wall, Lady Riley stated. And because I am a very merciful being, I have decided that your punishment for your crimes is to be banished from our city. What?! Olivia cried. If you are still here by the time the lights go off I will personally tie all of you onto a pole and leave you to be killed by employees Lady Riley stated. The guards then came into the office and pulled everyone out. As they exited the building Rosalie and Sofia ran towards them. Sofia?! Samantha asked, shocked. I heard the news, Sofia said. Is it true you have been banished? rosalie whispered. I'm sorry but it's true, Olivia said.before you leave I found something I think will help you guys on your quest,sofia said. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a journal.