Chapter 20

Matt's POV: After spending the past 45 minutes looking up travel tips for pregnant women, I smiled as I felt Gabby cuddle up to me. She was still tired and I didn't get why. I mean, of course I knew that it came with being pregnant but...this seemed a bit more than normal for somebody who was this far along into her pregnancy (she was 11 weeks after all). But, I was not going to complain. If I am going to get a bunch of time to cuddle up to her in bed...then I am not going to complain. Going to tug the covers up on top of the both of us, I just smiled as I kept Gabby warm.

That's when I decided to just stroke her back when I got a text. Going to open my iPad, I saw it was from Severide. 'Still h8 u 4 quitting  I h8 him. Can you guys come by at 12?' I laughed and just smiled when he texted me that. 'Sorry if my wife & daughter come before my job.' I then went to go set my phone down while looking down at Gabby. Wrapping my arm around her back, I went to kiss her forehead again and just went to stroke her back with my thumb. That's when Gabby started to wake up and look up at me. Stroking my chest, she stayed quiet.

"Hey you." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me. "You just wake up or have you been awake for a while?" Gabby shook her head. "I just woke up. Can you keep it down? I have a headache." I looked at her when she said that. "You do?" Gabby nodded and sighed. "I think all the worried and stress that I felt while Antonio was in that coma is still bothering me." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that. "Just remember that he's awake now." Gabby nodded and smiled. "You tell the firehouse that he's awake yet?" I shook my head and smiled.

"You know, we could go visit them. See what's happening with lunch?" Gabby laughed when I said that. "We just had breakfast baby. But, I think they might be decorating. Last year, they started to decorate the house around our anniversary. Herrmann always said that you had to wait 2 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas decorating." Gabby smiled when I said that. "You know, we still have to decorate our home." I nodded while looking down at her. Going to grab the back of her head, I smiled at her and then moved to kiss her forehead softly.

"We can take it down after our honeymoon." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Oh, remind me to go to the mall this weekend. I need to go get a new swimsuit for the Bahamas." I smirked when she said that. "You mean a new bikini?" Sitting up when I said that, Gabby glared at me. "I am not buying a bikini when I am pregnant!" I nodded and just smiled when she said that. "Hey, just relax and take a breath baby. Remember that you are pregnant." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "We are going to the Bahamas but you can wear whatever you want."

Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. Giving me one last kiss, Gabby then went to get up and just smiled at me. "Get up, we are going to go decorate the house." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. Going to set my iPad down on my side table, I went to get up and smiled at her. "Did you even use your iPad at all?" I shook my head and smiled at Gabby when she asked me that. "I had another person on my mind." Gabby got worried when I said that. "Why didn't you wake me up if you were thinking of your mom baby? I'm here for you." I smirked.

Seeing me smirk, Gabby then knew that I wasn't thinking about my mom. "You were thinking about Shaylene weren't you?" I nodded and smiled at Gabby. "Just how she is going to look just like her beautiful mother whenever she is laying down on my chest and sleeping." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. Going to walk around the bed, I smiled at Gabby before walking up to her. Moving my hands to her arms once I was standing in front of her, I smiled and just went to take it slow with her. "I love you and I am so ready to be a dad to our little girl."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "I can't wait either. But seriously, let's get decorating." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that, going to grab her hand so that she can lead me out to the living room. "Wait, where are our things anyways?" I smiled as I went to let her hand go and then proceeded to walk over to our dinning room where I have been keeping the Christmas things. "Think you can move the table carefully in the living room?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that, going to move the table to make some room.

Crouching down, I went to grab the tree first and just smiled at Gabby. It wasn't that big so it was easy to carry by myself (Not that I would let Gabby help me regardless. She can help with the little stuff, but not the tree. That is my rules for her when it comes to her pregnancy. I want this to go smooth for her...right up until she gives birth. "Can you go grab the other decorations? I will get the tree out and set it up." Gabby looked at me. "You don't trust me to do it?" I sighed. "You're pregnant." Gabby then nodded as she went to rub her stomach, smiling at me.

"Just to let you know, I'm not hungry yet. Maybe we can wait an hour and then you can make us food?" I nodded and agreed with her when she said that, going to open the Christmas tree box so that I could get the stand out. Going to grab the tree, I smiled and then went to get it out for us. That's when I heard Gabby pulling a box. "It's on wheels babe, relax." I agreed with Gabby and smiled when she said that. "Okay." Going to start putting the tree up, I smiled and then went to go grab the stand. "I wonder how long it will take us to do this." Gabby shrugged, not sure.

"Are we really in a rush?" I shook my head when she asked me that. "All I know is that Kelly wants us at the firehouse today at 12" Gabby was confused when I said that. "So like, in 30 minutes?" I then went to look at the time and was shocked. "Well, we can be a little late." Gabby shook her head. "No, if you are okay with going to the firehouse....we are going to try and be on time. Anyways, maybe we can go out and get some gift cards for our nieces and nephew."  I nodded and agreed with her. "Remind me to get some iTunes cards for Ben and Griffin."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "Do you miss them?" I nodded and smiled. "Maybe not as much as now that we have this little one on the way." Gabby then bit her lip. "How about Andy? You miss him?" I nodded when Gabby asked me that before going to grab more of the tree to put it up. Once that was done, I smiled at her. "Yeah, always will." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "You know that you can talk to me right?" I agreed and smiled. "Of course I do babe." Going to grab the second part to the tree, I just smiled as I went to put it on.

"Hey, since we have to be at the firehouse soon....we may need to leave earlier than expected." I sighed and agreed with her. "Let's at least put the lights on. Maybe we don't need to go all out this year since we are going on our honeymoon right after Christmas." Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "I agree with that. But listen, can we at least put the angel up?" I nodded and smiled as I went to go grab the angel we had next to the tree. Going to reach up, I went to put it up and just smiled at it. "I am just glad there is lights pre-installed in the tree." Gabby laughed.

"You are lazy sometimes." I shook my head. "I was the one who installed them. They are on there with my construction staple gun." Gabby then went to go look at just nodded. "Oh, that makes sense now." I nodded and smiled. "Listen, how about you go put something nice on. If we are going out...maybe after we can go buy a crib?" Gabby smiled and agreed. "YES! I am ready to start making our nursery." I smiled and agreed with her. "Go get dressed and then we will get going." Gabby smiled and agreed with me, coming to kiss me quickly. "I love you."

Walking away, Gabby smiled as she made her way to our room so that she could go get dressed. God, what are we going to the firehouse for? Going to look at some of the decorations we have for the tree, I smiled as I saw some with pictures of us and made sure to hang those up. That's when I heard Gabby at the door. "Oh babe, can you..." I then turned to look at her. "Never mind, you are doing it already." I laughed and agreed with her. "Just get dressed, then we'll get going." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that, going to get dressed as I asked.