Chapter 50

Meanwhile, with Jay and Erin at their Condo:
Jay's POV: As I stand in the kitchen shortly after putting Jayson down for a nap while Erin takes a shower, I sigh considering I am currently on the phone with Hank. He's worried about Erin and wanted to come over to be with us. But honestly, I would rather not right now considering I would like to be alone with my wife, our son and my brother. I don't need him bothering me when I am still shaken up right now. "HANK!" Hank then went to shut up when I yelled at him. "Jay, I want to..." I sighed. "Hank, I have it under control. I don't need you to lecture me and tell me that I should have been there. Hank, I was on my way there. I was running 5 minutes late. She was in the waiting room and was not affected. We checked Jayson at Northwestern."

Hank sighed when I said that. "What's your stress level?" I sighed. "Well, considering my wife, our son and my brother were in the fire....pretty high. I could've lost my entire family. Hank, I get you are worried about Erin...but you can come tomorrow. I am still wrapping my head around how exactly the fire even started. Oh, and I am not working right now. I am taking leave for the rest of the year and you need to be okay with that. I get that means 3 of your detectives are out but...I can't go to work when all I want to do is be with Erin and Jayson." Hank agreed with me when I said that. "Of course Jay, take the rest of the year and see you then." I agreed with him and took a breath. "We will get together, I promise. Just not right now okay?" He agreed.

He agreed with me when I said that. "Tell Erin that I love her and that I am glad that you are all okay for me. Talk to you soon." I agreed with him. "Of course Hank. Thanks again." Going to hang up, I just sighed and then went to put my phone in my pocket. That's when I felt my brother put his hand on my back. "Hey, you okay?" Turning around, I sighed and looked at him. "Yeah, try having to yell at your father-in-law and boss....just full of stress." He agreed with me and just came to hug me. "I was so worried about you all man. I mean it...you, Erin and Jayson were all in the hospital." He agreed with me when I said that and just nodded. That's when I heard Owen. "Uncle Jay?" I looked at him and smiled. "Can I get some more water?" I agreed. "Sure bud."

Will then looked down at him. "Owen, magic word?" Owen then smiled. "Please." I laughed and agreed as I went to go get him some more water. "You guys are going to be so strict with him." Will nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Giving Owen his cup back, I smiled as he made his way back to the living room where he was watching TV. That's when Natalie came out of Jayson's room after looking at him. "I swear, your son is just adorable." I agreed and smiled when she said that. "I am so glad that you are okay." Natalie nodded and smiled as she came to hug me. "Same here. Have you spoken to Erin about it yet?" I sighed and shook my head. "Not yet. Heck, I just had to tell Voight not to come because I don't need him right now."

Natalie nodded and agreed with me when I said that. That's when I heard Erin come out of the bedroom. "Hey, you just talk to my dad?" I nodded and agreed with her as she came to walk over to me. "Yeah, he says that he's glad we are all okay...and that he loves you." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Walking over to me, she came to hug me and I just wrapped my arms around her tight. Kissing the top of her head, I sighed. "How about you go sit down? I will be right there okay? I can hold you and you can just cuddle up to me?" Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "See you soon." I nodded and smiled at her as she went to walk away. "I don't want to hear anything about us holding each other close on the couch."

Will shook his head. "I promise okay? I get it, you were scared." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. "Oh yeah, I was freaking out." Going to walk over to the cupboard, I went to grab some cups so that I could get myself and Erin some water. That's when I decided to ask her if I could have a beer with my brother to get rid of the stress. "Hey Erin, can I have a beer?" Erin turned to look at me when I asked her that and nodded. "Yeah, I am sure that you need it after all the stress you were under today." I smiled when she said that. "Thanks. Deep breaths okay? You are safe and okay now." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that, going to take some breaths while I went to grab myself a beer. I then looked at Will. "Want one?" He agreed.