𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐕𝐈𝐈

Alex

Alex

Wednesday, December 9, 2002

Morning

My mother came into my room with a garbage bag, scooping up beer bottles and plates while I scrolled through Joseph's social media, gazing at images of him and that boyfriend of his. "Everything alright?" She whispered, avoiding eye contact.

He just left me... not even a goodbye. I couldn't force myself to respond to his message because I knew he had sex with him last night... My rage built  as my imagination of him touching and kissing him went wild.

"What do you do when you want someone, but they have someone else?" I growled, clenching my fist.

She put the bag down sitting next to me. "You keep fighting for them. Did you know I had to fight for your father?"

"Really?"

"Yeah... He had a wife at the time. She was a real bitch..." she giggled. Never heard her say bitch before. That's actually kind of eye-opening in a funny way.

"What did you do?"

"It was like playing chess. Just say the right thing and time your actions."

"I'll keep that in mind." Maybe she's where I get my ways from. My eyes focused on the time. "Shit! I gotta go!" I rushed, grabbing my phone.

...

Like playing chess kept running through my head as I stopped at the red light. I mean, I never played that boring-ass game, but I do get the saying... "Make him work for your forgiveness," the whisper demanded. The light turned green, and I drove off. Already had that in mind. You get more useless and useless every time you say something, you know that?

There was a silence, and all I could hear were cars and sirens in the distance as the building came into view. My phone rang and the name that popped up put a smile on my face. It was Joseph. My finger went to the green icon until I thought about what my ma said. Time your actions... maybe I won't answer...

The sky was dreary, and the wind whipped through my hair as I stepped out of my car. I could see that bitch scrolling on her phone as if her life depended on it, but the awful chemical-like smell stole my attention. "Go on up," She groaned. "And one more thing... Please don't hurt his feelings" so maybe she's not a dumb bitch... good to know.

"I won't," I quipped, heading into the elevator and pressing the button.

"Looks like you have support," the whisper praised. I don't know about support. More like a girl trying to protect her friend... "Use that to your advantage" good idea, maybe you aren't completely useless...