𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐋𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Sunday, December 27, 2002

Night

Guilt wouldn't stop eating at me. The whole afternoon, I found myself smiling and genuinely enjoying his company. The sheer amount of effort he'd put in to be with me was something I'd never had before. He tattooed my name in his mouth. Kidnapped me. Literally tried to ruin my marriage to be with me. The way he lay in my arms, snoring softly, felt so special. This was better than being hit or yelled at. It became easier to just not stress and love him, knowing he'd loved me even stronger.

"Alex?" I whispered, getting no response. He was asleep, and the guilt got even stronger as I kissed his head, lightly maneuvering his head onto the pillow. My leg was sore, but I was strong enough to get up and limp. So that's what I did, limping my way around the bed. It was dark and trying to see was difficult, but following the light seeping from under the door helped and I opened it, going into the kitchen. Escaping crossed my mind, but I'd learn to love him again. It felt terrible to admit, but I didn't want to leave...

I went to the fridge, opening it, but a knock at the door caught my attention and I limped my way to it, opening it to a man. We were about the same height and he had short black hair and wore glasses. "My car broke down, and there's nothing but forest for miles. Mind if I take a call here?" My eyes went to the bedroom door, waiting to hear Alex, but he never did, and I cleared my throat, putting on a bright smile.

"Come in..."

He walked in, immediately looking at my leg. "Are you okay?"

"Uh- Yeah," I giggled. "Just a hiking accident."

A nod is all he gave me and his eyes squinted at me. "Wait aren't you?.."

"Please! Don't call! I'm fine... I promise." I whispered, looking at the bedroom door. Fear struck my heart as he pulled out his phone. "I'm begging you! Please don't call..."

His fingers tapped away, and tears ran down my face, but so did something dark and I headbutt him, knocking him to the ground. The phone dropped, and I quickly picked it up. 911 sat on the dial screen waiting to be pressed, but I snapped the phone, breaking it. The man's nose was bleeding, and he sat there crying. "What the fuck!" he shouted. Footsteps from the bedroom echoed through the cabin, and Alex's messy hair and sleepy face just made me smile. The way his underwear clung to him just put me in a trance.

"Who the fuck is this?" Alex yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"He tried calling the cops..."

The sleepiness faded quickly, and he stared at me, trying to decipher something. His feet stomped towards me, and his gaze was testing me. "Did he call them Sexy?"

"I headbutt him before he could and broke the phone." I turned my attention to the guy staring up at us in fear. "You could have ruined my relationship, you know that, right?"