'Filler chapter'

A/n: So, I've been having major writers block! I can't seem decide how I want to end this story, dw I won't be ending anytime, however I do want to know how to do it when the time is right. Anyway, enjoy! Oh and I wanted to mention that Stefan's humanity isn't turned off.

love u <3

"Damon? What seems to be the problem?" Ray's voice rang out from the phone, which was on speakerphone . " No problems here! I just wanted to invite you to my little party I'm throwing." Caroline gasped. " It was my idea. Don't take all the credit." Damon groaned, clearly irritated with the blond vampire. " Correction. Our party." Caroline rolled her eyes as Ray couldn't help but chuckle at the two younger vampires. "So let me get this straight. You're inviting me to a party? That you, and Caroline are hosting?" He nods. " You know what they say, keep your enemies close, and your enemies who might not be your enemy closer." Ray let out another chuckle. " I find your way of thinking hilarious, Damon." He smirks." I am known as the comedic relief for a reason." She smiles. " What time is you're party Damon?" He mouthed the word 'yes' to Caroline, who smiled in return. " 7. Don't be late." He hung up. " What should I wear?" She said, turning toward her closet."

Ray decided on a lovely red, tight fitting dress, the back of the dress out, and stopped around the middle of her thigh. She knocked on the door. After a few seconds pass, Elena opened the door. " Ray. Come on in." She smiled. " Thank you." She walked inside, taking a look around. The room was filled with high schoolers, drinking and dancing as loud music played in the background. Her view was obstructed when someone stepped in front of her line of sight. " Damon." She looked up, meeting his gaze, which was paired with his signature smirk. " Ray. You look great, as always." She took this chance to take a look at the man in front of her. He wore a black button up. It paired well with his icy blue eyes, which reminded Ray of the sky in the early hours of the morning. "You're quite the charmer. Nevertheless, you look good yourself, Damon." He smiled. " Why thank you—" he held out his hand. " Wanna hit the dance floor?" He smirked playfully. She shook her head. " I really shouldn't. This isn't really my type of dancing." She pointed toward a couple grinding on each other. " Please, your nine-hundred years old. Live a little." She chuckled. " I guess I can accompany a—" she paused. " A friend?" She questioned. He grabbed her hand. " A friend." He pulled her onto the dance floor.

"Here you go." Elena handed Ray a shot, along with the rest of the group, which consisted of Caroline, Stefan, Bonnie, and Damon. " I don't think this is a good idea." She glanced at the shot glass in her hand. " Oh come on. You're supposed to have fun." Caroline said, holding her glass up. "Cheers anyone?" They all laughed, causing Ray to do the same. " I'm warning you, when I drink, I cannot control my emotions." They shrug it off and clink the glasses together before downing the alcohol inside.

" *Hic* Ah, Damon! D-do you wanna dance? I wanna dance!"  He shook his head. " How much have you had to drink? You sound wasted." He chuckled. Ray pouted, plopping down beside him on the couch. " I am not. I *burp* -am a vampire, whose way to old to be 'wasted' as you put it." She laid her head on his shoulder. " Mhm, sure." He rolled his eyes. " Y'know, I loved Klaus with all of my being." She began, closing her eyes, basking in the memories. " How did you two meet anyway?" He asked, taking a sip of his bourbon straight out of the bottle. " It was the year 1120." She sat up, grabbing the bottle from Damon's hand.  " This outta be good."

"Klaus had grown bored of whatever village he plagued. He decided that my home land, Ireland—" he stopped me there. " Wait, your from Ireland? How come you don't have an accent?" I looked up. " I've been alive for 900 years, for most of those I have lived in the United States. I guess I lost it along the way." He nodded. " Okay, back to the story." She paused. " When he arrived at my village, he was welcomed at first, unbeknownst that he was a vampire. He was very handsome and had woman at his feet. I, on the other hand, didn't do such a thing. I was stubborn. I playfully flirted but made sure to let him know that I wasn't gonna fall at his feet. He admired that about me. He left, to meet with his brother, Elijah. When he returned he brought his brother along with him. Me and Elijah were as close as you could be. He was a true brother to me." Damon nodded along with the the story. " Eventually, me and Klaus fell in love. He wished to get married, however, my mother wasn't a big fan of Klaus. She could sense that he was a vampire and told me all about what an abomination he was. I confronted Klaus about these allegations, and he confirmed them. I loved him so much that I didn't care about what he was. And you already know what happened next" He nodded. " Yeah." Ray sat up, causing Damon to do the same. "So, what about you and Elena? How did you two meet?" She asked. " What? Uh, no me and Elena aren't dating." He said, shaking his head. " Really? It's clear you love her? Is it because of you're brother?" He nodded. " Yeah that's only the half of it. She to good for me." I smiled. " Damon! How selfless of you." Ray teased, poking his arm. " Honestly, I'm turning into Stefan. Maybe I should get the hero hairstyle too." He played along, patting his hair in place.  " Definitely not. You'd look horrendous."