🏳️‍⚧️(melissa benoist)

age: 16
name: Lea(deadname)/Aiden
682 words

TW: crying, outing, deadnaming

Aidens POV:
hi my name ist Aiden and i'm a trans boy (ftm). but my parents (melissa and chris) dont know. i realy want to tell them but im scared they wont accept me. dont get me wrong my parents are very lovely people but still im scared that i will have to pretend to be someone i'm not like i did for the last six month now.

when i was 12 i was starting to question my gender. i used to watch videos about transgender people and i somehow related to them. i didnt know what transgender meant exactly. i thought i was just a phase and pushed it away. i was always the girl who would wear boyish clothes and i even had short hair. but when i hit puberty i was starting to hate my body. most of all my chest. im trying to hide them as much as possible. i'm wearing sportbras but they are still noticeable. i want to have binder but i have to come out to my parents before i can get one. so thats what i'm going to do tonight.

mels POV:
i have noticed that Lea behaved differently the last few month. i thought it was just a teenage things she was going through but i'm starting to get worried. she is barely talking to me anymore. we used to be so close. she dressed differently and i could see that she was wearing sportbras all the time. but u decided not to push her and just wait for her to come and talk to me.

it was dinner time and i just finished cooking.
„Lea dinners ready" i shouted from the kitchen.

Aiden POV:
my mom called me fir dinner. she used my deadname. i find it realy uncomfortable but i'm not angry at her because i'm not out yet so how would she know.

i walked downstairs and sat down at the table next to my dad. we talked about random things while eating dinner. after we put our dishes away i thought i was a good moment to tell them my secret.

„hey mom and dad can i talk to you for a sec. its important" i asked. „yeah sure sweetie lets sit down" my dad said. i nodded and we sat on the couch. i looked at them for a moment. i practiced how i could tell them in my room before but i had a complete black out. i couldn't remember anything. i was so scared they were gonna kick me out or something.

my mom had noticed that i was nervous. „Lea whatever it is you can tell us we wont jugde you." she said in a loving voice. i nodded and started talking „so i wanted to talk to you about this for a while now but i was to nervous...... well here it goes. i'm a boy so basically i'm trans." i looked at my parents with tears in my eyes. when they didn't say anything i started to apologize while crying. „i'm sorry. i get it when you dont love me anymore and want me to go and live somewhere else. i'm sorry for letting you down" i said while getting up slowly.

before i could walk away i felt a pair of arms wrapping around me. it was my mom giving me a hug. „baby we love you no matter what. you dont have to apologize for being you." she said while crying a little bit. „yeah your mother is right. we love you so much." my dad said. my mom let go of me to let my dad hug me.

„so whats your name then buddy" dad asked. „Aiden" „ that a beautiful name" mom said. she hugged me once again and i hugged her back. soon after my dad joined us. „we are so proud of you Aiden. i love you so much" my mother told me. i couldnt help but smile as she used my name. „i love u too" i responded.