younger than i thought (lizzie)

26.05.2022
1887 words
Age: 15
TW: crying, bleeding, cutting (accidently-no selfharm)

Lizzie's pov:
A month ago, I started fostering a teenage girl. her name is y/n. she is the sweetest. we met eachother in central park, when I saw her crying on a bench late at night.

Flashback.......

I was at a dinner date with my friends and decided to walk home, as it is just a few minutes walk. I was walking through central park. I love walking here at night it's so peaceful and quiet. My eyes fell on a girl sitting on a bench with her head on her knees.
I make my way up to her. Who would let their daughter alone in new York so late? As I came closer I could hear her crying. I sit down next to her and put my hand on her shoulder to get her attention. She slightly flinched.

"hey sweetie. Are you okay?" I ask. She didn't answer she just nodded. "what are you doing here alone so late. Where are your parents?" that question only made her cry more. My heart broke. I decided it was not the right time to ask questions so I just hugged her and held her tight.
She eventually stopped crying "whats you name sweetheart" "y/n" "that's a very pretty name. I am Elizabeth but you can call me Lizzie"

Flashback over

After finding out that she is an orphan, I took her back to her orphanage. But I knew I couldn't let this girl go, so I came back the next day to talk to her supervisor about maybe fostering her and five days later she moved in with me. we went shopping for some new clothes and decoration for her room. When she came to live with me I already had picked out her furniture but I wanted her to add her own vibe to it.

its been four weeks since she came here and she is still very quiet. I know its hard moving from home to home. I read her file and I know she hadn't had it easy but I wanted her to trust me so I can be fully there for her.

y/n's pov:
I love staying here with Lizzie. She is so nice, much nicer than any of my other foster parents. But I still don't want to let down my walls. I try to do good in school, to keep my room tidied, to eat every meal even tough it has some ingredients in it that I done like. I don't want to be a burden or an inconvenience for her.

I know that she has read my file and knows how shitty my life has been but there is still a pretty huge part about me that she doesn't know yet. I am a little. It just the way I cope with all the trauma I have experienced. You may wonder why something like this isn't in my file, well I no one know about it. When I was younger, I let myself slip once and my foster parents almost beat me to death. But they never told someone. I don't know why but I am glad they didn't. who would like to have a teenage girl acting like a baby. Ever since then I have been hiding it. I only slip a few times a year when I am alone for a few hours to prevent slipping at a bad time.

I haven't slipped for three months now and I can feel the need to enter my headspace more and more everyday. But I push it away. I swore to myself that I would never ever let someone see me when I am little, afraid to be hurt again.

I am walking to the kitchen to get some water. Lizzie is in her office writing e-mails. I open the cabinet with the glasses to take one. I filled it with water and drink half of the water. I put it down on the kitchen counter and sat down in one of the chairs. When I wanted to leave the kitchen to go to my room, I accidently knocked over the glass, shattering it on the floor. Hopefully Lizzie didn't hear it.

I start to clean up the mess I made before Lizzie comes down. When I hear her calling my name and asking me if everything is alright I started to panic and cry. I didn't answer her as I couldn't get anything out of my mouth. I could feel myself beginning to slip, but I tried to push it down.
I cant slip. I cant slip. I can not slip!  I am telling myself.