Chapter 2: Discovery

**WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS CONTENT THAT VIEWERS MAY FIND DISTURBING OR TOO SENSITIVE, SUCH AS VULGAR LANGUAGE AND DESCRIPTIONS OF VIOLENCE. VIEWER DISCRETION IS HIGHLY ADVISED BY THE AUTHOR HIMSELF.**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book Information:

"Text" = someone speaking

Text = someone (usually the protagonist) thinking to themselves

Text = the setting of the story (date, time, and location), which is bound to change

Text = Story transition

TEXT = important information (posters, the emergency alert system text, etc.)

Video/music links = my custom soundtrack, or sounds for the story

---------------------------------------------------------------

Philip continued eating his soup while listening to the discussion. "Listen Mr. Brock, you need to get your men together. An outsider was spotted by one of the boys, and it seems like the Silver Hornets are watching us. We need to be ready for a possible attack. So go get your men and start patrolling through the night."

"Yes sir," Brock replied.

"Wait, Silver Hornets? Who are they supposed to be?" The teenager thought to himself.

Shortly after he finished his lunch, Philip washed his hands with a bar of soap and a fully working sink, before walking outside to work on the crop fields.

Christopher joined in, and soon it wasn't long before a crowd entered the crop fields. Danielle and Christopher helped Philip while several other people worked on the neighboring fields. The older brother noticed the buff father join in as well. Mark eyed him death threats.

"What's his problem?"

He turned to his mother and replied "He's angry that I lectured how to raise his son."

Danielle sighed. "What did you tell him?"

"I just said his son needs to man up."

"Well, you have to be careful when talking to adults about children," she replied. And Christopher nodded back before getting back to work.

Pulling out the last batch of crops from the left field, he walked over to the barn before resting the crops down on the wooden basket. As he turned around, Mark was right behind him and purposefully shoved him aside.

"What the hell was that for?"

"You don't ever talk about my son again, do you understand?"

"Yeah, I said that ten minutes ago, you idiot. Can we move along?"

But Mark was not done yet. The insult was not satisfying for the athlete to hear. "What'd you call me, boy? Huh? What you call me?"

Christopher Bernstein turned around and almost shouted. "I said I already understood I should not talk about your son, you idiot. Can I go back to the field now, or do you want to waste your breath?"

Mark snapped back, "You never call me an idiot, you son of a bitch."

Christopher replied, "I don't have time to argue with you, sir, so I'm going back." And he turned around to walk back to the field.

But the athletic father shouted "Hey! Don't walk away from me! I'm not done with you yet!"

By this time Philip and Danielle were carrying their load, and everyone else in the field was hearing the exchange.