Chapter Twenty One

"You really are daddy's little girl, aren't you?"

I wanted to charge towards Sylvie, to make her regret even opening her mouth. The world may be better off with one less variant of my father. I could feel the anger bubbling up within me, the same that I had felt before killing Hela. It could've swallowed me whole if I let it. The thumping in my heart and the tonight's in my ears begged me to just take Sylvie out.

But as I looked into her challenging eyes, I knew that that was precisely what she wanted. I had to remember that she was a Loki variant in her truest form. Sylvie wanted drama, she wanted all attention on her, but most importantly she was looking for a reason to betray me. If I reacted in any way shape or form, I gave her an out. She would no longer be obligated to helping me no matter the way that I pulled on her heartstrings.

I took a deep breath, taking a minute to center myself. I didn't want to kill Sylvie. No. I almost shivered at the thought. I wasn't that type of person. No, I was good. Good people don't kill other people, even if they happen to be the Goddess of Death.

"I suppose I am," I said, cocking my head to the side as I gave her a small smile, "Which means I certainly know you well enough to know I shouldn't give you the theatrical performance you so desperately crave."

She narrowed her eyes, "You're a real brat, you know that right?"

"I believe it runs in the family," I replied, "Now if I'm not mistaken, royal blood runs through both our veins. I believe it's in our best interest if we both remain civilized."

I crossed my arms and calmly explained, "I think you can gather that this world isn't perfect. It's missing a few major details."

"Such as?" Sylvie asked in exasperation, acting quite defeated.

"My father...isn't the man I know," I said, "He's different. He's cruel, self interested, and...he's cheating on my mother."

"That sounds like the Loki I know," Sylvie said, looking over her nails as if she was very bored, "I don't see your point."

"Come on, Sylvie," I sighed, "You know that's not true. My Father crossed time and space to just meet me, to see my mother. He lacks that same devotion here. The devotion that made his so great."

"And what do you possibly want me to do about it?" Sylvie asked.

"I want you to help me...merge timelines," I said slowly, pitching the idea as if it were some crazy business endeavor.

"No," Sylvie said instantly, shaking her head, "Not happening."

"Why not?" I pressed, "I'm sure there's a way. I can merge the two timelines with your help, get everything I want, then send you on your merry way to go do who knows what with the TemPad."

"A few things, dear," Sylvie began, "Number one, we don't have the TemPad. Number two, even attempting that is risky. I hardly know if it's ever been done before. And number three, we don't have the TemPad!"

"Sorry what was that?" I teased, "We have the TemPad?"

Sylvie groaned, "Look, we can't do anything till we find it. So your silly plan doesn't even matter."

"I'll find it, I promise," I insisted, "But if I do, you have to help me. Do we have a deal?"

Sylvie extended her hand to me, and begrudgingly said, "Deal. But no messing around? alright? You must stay focused on what's at hand."

"Why wouldn't I be focused?" I scoffed as I shook her hand. Sylvie raised a brow and looked past me into my room. Following her gaze, I saw Grimnir innocently browsing my bookshelves as he waited for me.

"Grimnir is not a distraction," I argued as I rolled my eyes, "I've told him everything. If anything, he can help us."

"You told your boy toy about time travel?" Sylvie asked.

"He's not my boy toy," I countered, "He's just a friend, and he's very kind so yes I told him. But that's besides the point, wh-"

"What does your father think about him?" Sylvie asked with a devilish grin, "I'm quite surprised he hasn't had him strung up and quartered for even attempting to court his darling princess."

"This isn't important right now," I said firmly, "I'll look for the TemPad within the palace, alright? I'm sure it's on Asgard somewhere, so you take the city grounds."

"Whatever you say, dear," Sylvie said with a wink as she stood atop the balcony railing, "But no funny business when I'm gone, capish?"

"Funnt business?" I echoed, "What are you even talking about, I-"

"Tootles," she interrupted, waving her hand before evaporating into a cloud of green smoke. She really was quite the headache no matter how charming she seemed.

"Grimnir!" I called as I walked back to my room, rubbing my face, "I need your help. I have to find a TemPad."

"I really don't mean to sound daft, Hela, but I have no clue what that is," Grimnir said, looking. over his shoulder at me.

"Nevermind, just...you'll come with me won't you?" I asked, taking his hands in mine, "And help me...navigate the palace?"

Grimnir smiled, "Certainly, where to first?"

"That's a great question. I haven't got a clue," I admitted with a sigh, "If...someone were to find something suspicious where would it be taken?"

"The vault, most likely," Grimnir replied, "But it's heavily guarded, I doubt they'll even let you in."

"Why? I'm nearly queen, I should have dominion over that," I argued.

"Your father is very protective of what's in there," he said with a shrug, "I know his behavior towards it has been quite the controversy. Even you've felt...distaste towards his secrecy for it."

"Well, I need that TemPad, if I must get through a couple of guards to get it, so be it," I said confidently as I pushed open the door with my back, "To the vault we go!"

Just as I stepped backwards into the hall, I stumbled into someone. Tripping over myself and long dress, I found myself on the floor looking up at none other than my father.

"To the vault?" he echoed, looking down at me through furrowed brows.

Grimnir stumbled through the door, upon seeing my father his face paled and he immediately stood upright.

"Why were you in her room?" My father asked, glaring at Grimnir.

"I-" Grimnir stuttered, "I was-"

"He was helping me with coronation planning, I wanted his input," I said, picking myself up off the ground.

"Hela," My father said, his voice stern, "You know men aren't allowed in your quarters. And you certainly are not allowed in the vault."

"I'm nearly queen," I argued, laughing off his seriousness, "It shouldn't be such a bug deal."

"Oh, but it is," my father corrected me as he crossed his arms. He nodded towards Grimnir and sternly said, "Go, Grimnir. You are dismissed, thank you for keeping the princess company."

Grimnir nodded and quickly glanced at me before running off.

I could tell from the look on my father's face that the following conversation would be...interesting.