Episode 1

At a nice flat in a quiet portable room, a lady woke up from her bed. She sat up on the bed looking around her room with no reason. She was looking so gloomy and dull. Sluggishly, she stood from her bed and walked to her window, opening the curtain to allow the reflection of the sun to enter her room. She walked straight to the bathroom to do her morning hygiene. Coming out of the bathroom she sat at the front of her mirror, staring at herself for some minutes. Suddenly her eyes became so heavy with tears which were ready to drop at the slightest moment, she quickly held it back and stood up at once, coming out of her room she dashed into another room but no one was there. Entering the room she called "Mum! Mum!" but there was no response. Rushing out of the room she arrived at the living room. And there, she met her Dad eating at the dining table. Without bothering herself to say anything to him, she rushed out of the living room to the compound, And there she found her mum on the wheel chair in the sun, she quickly ran to her. Bending down at her front, she noticed that there was tears on her mum's face which she quickly wiped away the tears and embraced her softly. Few drops of tears were dripping down her cheek but she wiped it away so her mum wouldn't notice them. Releasing her mum from the hug, she wheeled her back to the house.

Getting to the living room she looked at her dad with so much hatred in her. "Dad! How could you do this to mum?" she said softly. "Who is mum? You mean this imbecile?" Her Dad replied. "Mum is not an imbecile, Dad you know mum wasn't like this when you married her. Dad how could you put her to the sun?" she said in a shaky teary voice. "When you got out of your room, no good morning from you to your father. Besides when you got to her room don't you perceive any smell in her room? She is making the room so stinking, so I had to take her to the sun" her Dad said. Deborah! Deborah!! She called out to their house help, A young lady came out. "Yes Audrey, you called me" Deborah said as she rushed to the living room. "Deborah, please go and check my mum's room and see if there's any odour coming out of that room" Audrey said while Deborah left and came back shortly saying she didn't perceive any smell from the room. "Deborah please take my mum back to her room and put her back on the bed" Audrey said. "OK" Deborah replied while she took in Audrey's mum.

"Dad there wasn't any odour in that room, how could you drag her to the sun? I met her crying there. It's really unfair if you continue treating mum this way. Dad you never make mum smile for once, why are you like this Dad?" She said in a tiny voice. Her Dad stood up to her "Do you want me to repeat this for you every day? Huh! I told you not to raise your voice at me in this house. Secondly, I told you not to call me your Dad. Assuming your imbecile mum gave birth to a son, maybe I would have loved her and you; but she only gave birth to a dumb and stupid female child like her. You are not even beautiful, you're not bright, you ain't smart, you lack charisma, you are so ugly, Gosh! And you don't have a way of making people to like you. Believe me you ain't different from your imbecile mother; you both are the only misfortune in my life. I wish I never meet you both in my next life! Stupid girl!" Her Dad yelled and walked in straight to his room, slamming the door behind him. All these words left Audrey soaked in tears as she became dumbfounded.

Audrey entered her mum's room and met her sleeping peacefully. She went to her wardrobe, got her pajamas and headed to the bathroom. Later she came back and sat beside her mum on the bed, placing her hands on her shoulder softly she tried waking her up, her mum turned slowly to her and faced her. Audrey tried smiling at her mum, "Mum I had to take a shower for you, Today I am going to check if my admission is out" she said softly while her mum tried to hold her hands.

She smiled back at her and lifted her mum up, Making her sit on the bed comfortably,she placed the pillows at her back to make her feel comfortable. They both stared at each other. "Mum you need to pray for me; your daughter needs to get an admission into the university" she said to her mum who stared at her sadly. "I know you're thinking about Dad, but I don't want you to think about him again. He is the cause of all these, I mean look at you mum; it's all because of Dad this is happening to you. It's because you keep thinking about him. Just let him be and let's focus on your recovery.Please Mum!" She said softly with tears in her eyes, "you are the reason why I'm living,You are my hope. So please mum I beg of you, stand back on your feet. I know what he did this morning hurts you, but I don't want you to think about it again, So please mum" Her mum who was just staring at her in silence gently raised her hands to wipe her daughter's tears. Audrey who wasn't aware that her tears was already rolling down her face quickly wipe her face. "I'm sorry mum; I don't know why I'm crying, I didn't mean to....i already promised you not to do this again, I'm sorry" she said as she quickly wiped her tears and smiled at her mum. "So, let's give you a clean shower" she said and went straight to her mum's wheel chair to help her get on it. She assisted her up from the bed to the wheel chair and drove her to the bathroom. Audrey prepared a hot shower for her mum; smiling at her she began to undress her to take shower a quick shower for her...