Episode 5

Audrey was busy making her mum’s dinner when Deborah walked in with some groceries in her hand. “So how did you escape that witch?” she asked as she walked.

Audrey’s Pov👇
Deborah has been working with us for a very long time; she knows everything about my family and she also knows about Senior Dora. I guess I shouldn’t have told her I saw Dora in school today because she never want to hear about Dora and now she’s already aware that we are in the same university again. “Deborah, don’t worry I managed myself to get away from her” I said. “Audrey make sure to be safe, take care of yourself from that witch please” Deborah said to me. She has always been that caring and concerned about me; God knows that without her in this house I would have ended everything. “Of course I will take care of myself from her” I said with a smile. “So how is your new friend? Do you like her, and how is her attitude?” Deborah asked me, I knew she won’t let things go easily. “Deborah she is cool and friendly” I replied her trying to focus on what am cooking. "I’m so glad you made your first friendship, please be good” she said and gave me a warm hug. We both quickly released Each other from the hug to prepare dinner.

I set the dining table for my Dad even though he doesn’t eat what I cook. I took my mum’s food to her room. I was glad she sat down peacefully on her bed. She gave out a faint smile as usual. My Mum has gone through a lot; I don’t know if she’s been punished for choosing my dad, of course mum didn’t choose him; she was forced to marry him. All that matter is that I want her to stand back on her feet again; I really want her to leave this house with me, but on her feet. I know Dad won’t care if we leave the house for him; that is what he had wanted after all.

My mum is the reason why I’m living, if anything should happen to her, I don’t think I have anything left in this world then. I dropped the tray on her bed and then firstly gave her a warm hug, trying to make her sit comfortably. I was about feeding her when I felt her warm hands on my cheek. She smiled at me with tears running down her eyes; I dropped the spoon in the plate. “Mum why are you crying?” I asked, trying to hold back my own tears. “I understand how you feel mum, but we don’t have anyone; just you and i. I really want you to be strong for me; we can’t continue staying here forever. I want to leave here with you, I know you can’t leave now but one day you’ll stand on your feet and we will both leave here together; I love you mum” The tears I was trying to hold back streamed down, even though I promised myself not to cry in her presence anymore but not in this kind of situation. Even though she didn’t reply me she brought her hands to my face the second time, wiping my tears which were not ready to stop yet. I moved closer and gave her a tight hug, sobbing badly in her arms . . . .

Prince’s Pov👇
I got back home after the club at around 11pm; as usual, I know Mr. Daniel will be waiting for me in the compound. I knew I had the fun today; I was surprised that Jay and his bf left already, he sent me a text message before leaving but I couldn’t see it then because I was busy. I and Kelvin left the club and I explained Jay’s message to him, we both planned to meet in school tomorrow before we left the club. I got down from my car and gave the car key to one of the boys to park the car at the garage. Mr. Daniel stared at me with his hands at his back, looking like those grumpy men. I gave him a big smile “I didn’t come late, so why are you giving me that strict face?” I said as I brushed passed him. I could sense him coming after me.

I met my Dad and mum in the living room cuddling each other. I don’t think they are aware that they are too old for this. . . "you can just go to your room” I said and threw myself on the soft sofa opposite them. “But this is my house, I can do what I want with my wife gentleman” My Dad said while I gave him a look of "are you kidding me".

He smiled back while my mum just stared at me. From the look on her face, I knew she had something to say to me. “Mum what?” I asked, taking out my phone from my pocket” You know you came back late” she said. “What! Mum are you kidding me right now, it’s just 11pm. . . . you know I don’t come back this early, if not for Mr. Daniel” I said and gave a quick glance at Mr. Daniel who sat at the dining table, ready to have his dinner probably, am sure he couldn’t eat because of me. “Prince! Your mum is right, the fact that you came back at 11pm doesn’t mean you came home early. You’re grown-up now, we can’t decide for you, but at least try to come home before or 10pm; yea 10 is ok”  I don’t know if it’s my Dad really talking right now, he wants me to come back home by 10pm. like why would I do that? “For jeez sake I’m a grown-up man, Dad” I said on top of my voice. “Young man! Calm down, ok?” Dad called out “I’m not saying you’re not a grown-up man, but do you know Mama waited for you till 10pm and you know she’s not ok to stay up too long. You know her condition; she waited for you, your mum had to force her to go to sleep, and Daniel couldn’t eat dinner with us because of you. As you can see he is just eating. At least think about those who are waiting for you and try to be the best boy you are, I won’t say more than that” That is it! My dad knows how to get one soft with words. He stood up to go in; giving me a light pat at my back he walked inside with my mum. I could feel the guilt rushing to me, is it the fact that I delayed Mr. Daniel, or mama sleeping late because of me? But I just want to have fun! I took a glance at Mr. Daniel who was busy eating his late dinner all because of me.