The night of the comet

Y/n POV

I woke up today feeling alright. I got off my bed and got ready for today. I took a shower for a few minutes then got out and changed into my boxers and sports bra then put on some jeans and a shirt then I put on my leather jacket. Once I was ready I got downstairs and see that my mom cooked me breakfast. "Hey, y/n before you leave I need to tell you something." My mom said. "Sure what is it mom?" I asked her. "I know your a werewolf y/n." She said, I got nervous of how she found out. "The reason why I know is because I'm a witch and so are you but you also have a dormant vampire side as well. You just haven't notice it yet." She said. I was confused. "How is that possible? I mean you're a witch which makes sense of my witch side but how am I part werewolf and vampire?" I asked. "You got both vampire and werewolf side from your dad." She said.

"But I never knew who my dad is." I said. "Because I ran from him when I realized I was pregnant with you." She said. "Does my biological dad knows about me?" I asked. "Yes he does and he has been looking for you for years. I just wanted to protect you from the dangers of being his child." My mom said. "What is his name?" I asked. "Niklaus Mikaelson. So your actual name is y/n mikaelson but I changed your last name to my last name, l/n so he wouldn't find you." She said as she pulled out a picture of him.

I looked at my dad's photo

I looked at my dad's photo. "I don't hate you for keeping this from me. I'm glad you protected me from this but you also should know that I'm not a child anymore I can take care of myself." I said. "I know, anyways you should finish eating your breakfast and head to Elena's place and try not to be late for school." My mom said. "Oh, and one more thing you don't have to turn on the full moon anymore since you unlocked your magic. Me and Bonnie's grandmother is gonna teach you." She said, I nodded at her.

Once I finished eating I put the dishes in the sink and walked out my house and went to Elena's house. I was still in shock what my mom told me. So that makes me a tribrid of three creatures. I was waiting by the stairs for Elena when I heard Jenna talking to Elena. "Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Jenna asked. "Depends where you're going." Elena said. "Jeremy's parent teacher conference. Hair up or down?" Jenna asked her. I stopped listening to them and sat on the stairs waiting for Elena. I wonder how Vicki is doing after Stefan's brother Damon tried to make a meal out of her. Even though I haven't met Damon yet but I know he is going to be a pain in my ass. I notice the candles suddenly lit up as I walked back from shock okay mom was right. Right now I'm only a hybrid witch and werewolf.

Once Elena was ready we got into my car a drive to school, I could tell that she is happy about something. "I'm guessing you woke up on the right side of the bed today." I said while keeping my eyes on the road. "Yea I am." Elena said. "Does this have to do with the person named Stefan Salvatore?" I said teasingly. I could tell she blushed at what I said. We got to school and parked my car where I usually park and got out with Elena besides me and went to Mr. Tanner's class and sat down as the bell rang. "Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years." Mr. Tanner spoke. I look up to the front where Elena is and see her and Stefan stare at each other.