Candles

Y/n POV

I walked into the boarding house when I see a random blond girl with Stefan. "Um, hi." I said to her. "Hey I'm Lexi, you must be y/n the tribrid. Stefan told me so much about you, but what he left out is how hot you are." Lexi said. "Um, thanks?" I said to her. All three of us went to Stefan's room just chatting until Lexi jokily brought up when Stefan got hit with a wooden bullet. "I don't know, ok. Some freak shot at me with wooden bullets, I'd bail in under 60. And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?" Lexi asked us. "I don't know. I don't know who knows about us. I mean, that guy did. There could be others. Hey, do me a favor. While you're here, please be careful." Stefan said to Lexi while I'm just chilling in a chair. "Why stay? I'm headed to New York for the weekend. Bon Jovi in the garden. Wanted dead or alive. That's our theme song. It'll be a blast." Lexi said as she got off the bed. "Hey, do you think that he would actually remember us? That was a pretty crazy weekend, huh?" Stefan said. "We can make him remember us. We could bring y/n with us." Lexi said as she patted my shoulders gently.

I laughed lightly. "Come on! Let's go! I mean, what's keeping you here?" Lexi asked him. "I told you. Her name is Elena." Stefan said. "Well, let's just hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over." Lexi said as she showed us the picture of Katherine who looks exactly like Elena. Stefan got up and took the picture away from Lexi as she looked at me and winked at me playfully. "You didn't even know Katherine." Stefan said. "Cause if I did, I'd kick her ass. Little bitch. Speaking of where's Damon?" Lexi asked us. "Inflicting misery somewhere." I said. "Hey, um, you gonna be ok here alone? I got some things I gotta take care of." Stefan said. "Well, it's not exactly like I can go anywhere. And you and Damon are the only ones with these nifty little daylight rings. I have a mood ring from '75 trade ya?" Lexi said. "Doesn't work that way and you know it." Stefan said. Lexi groaned as he was right. "Hey, lex. I'm really glad that you came here." Stefan said.

"Ok, what are we doing for your birthday? It's not everyday a guy turns 162 years old." Lexi said making me surprised since I didn't know it was his birthday today. Stefan groaned. "Really?" Stefan said as I finally found a way to tease the shit out of him. "Oh, yeah." Lexi said with a smile. Me and Stefan then went to the sheriffs department that Stefan has to answer some questions while I wait outside patiently, after a couple minutes Stefan came out and now all we are waiting for is Elena. We see Matt come out as he was looking at Stefan as he was walking passed us Stefan spoke up. "I was trying to help her, Matt. That's all." Stefan said but Matt just ignored him and kept walking to his truck and left. Then Elena, Jenna and Jeremy came out of the building. "I'll meet you guys at the car." Elena said to Jenna and Jeremy.

Once they left Elena walked up to us. "You ok?" Stefan asked her. "I don't think the sheriff suspected anything. Jeremy had no memory at all. All he knew was what Damon made him know." Elena said. "Thank you." Stefan said, I walked away knowing they are gonna have a moment but I could still hear them. "I can't do this, Stefan. Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy, all I think is that Vicki is never gonna come back, and they'll never know why. Around you, people get hurt, and people die, and I just-I-it's just too much." Elena said. "Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it?" Stefan asked her. "No. Stefan, you have to stay away from me." Elena said then walked away from him. As Elena walked passed me as I gave her a sad smile.

I went to Elena house and just chilled on the couch while I see Jeremy doing what looks to be homework. Elena sat down next me while leaning her head on my shoulder. Jenna decided to come sit with us on the couch. "You're wallowing." Jenna said. "So are you." Elena said to her aunt. "My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." Jenna said as I held back a growl as Elena stopped me as she put her hand on my chest. "Yeah. Well, Logan's a jerk." Elena said. "And an asshole." I commented. "You didn't get a brush off email saying 'I'm leaving town. See ya." Jenna said.