Station Break-In

At the Crimson Egg Cockpit two alternating blips appeared on Eggman's radar.

"Haha! Looks like I hit the jewel jackpot. I found two Chaos Emeralds!" Eggman said while Decoe counted on his fingers.

"Hmm, let me think... We already have two Emeralds, and Shadow has three more..." he said.

"Plus these two equals seven. All the Chaos Emeralds have been found! You are brilliant, Doctor!" Bocoe said.

"Yes, I know." Eggman said.

"Don't pat yourself on your back yet." Rouge said.

Eggman immediately covered the radar screen.

"Rouge! What are you doing here?" he said.

"Just having a little look-see around." Rouge said and slowly moved Eggman's hands, revealing the radar."

"Hold on!"

"Doctor, have you found some Emeralds?"

"I hope she doesn't tell Dr. Eggman my secret...Eggman my secret..." Bokkun said quietly scared.

"I wasn't attempting to keep my discovery from you. I meant to call you up to the bridge. It's just that in all the excitement, I forgot that you were interested in the Chaos Emeralds too. You know how absent-mind we geniuses can be." Eggman said.

Sonic looked on impassively.

"So... where are they?" Rouge asked.

There was a giant asteroid-shaped Metarex space station floating in the midst of an asteroid field. The Crimson Egg hid behind an asteroid.

"There are two Chaos Emeralds inside that Space fortress. We've got to seize them!" Eggman said voiceover." Eggman said.

"But how, Doctor?" Decoe asked.

"That is a Metarex base. It will have a heavy-duty security system!" Bocoe said.

"How do you plan to get in there? It's not like you can go up and knock on the door. If they spot us, we'll be space toast." Rouge said.

On the Crimson Egg Eggman looked out the window, and saw the Blue Typhoon also hiding behind an asteroid.

"What's the Blue Typhoon doing here? They must have come looking for the Chaos Emeralds." Eggman said.

"You slowpoke! Shadow's gonna beat ya to them." Rouge said.

"Rouge drives me bats, especially when she's right. What'll I do?" he said to himself.

On the Blue Typhoon bridge.

"How do you know you can't break in unless you try?" Knuckles asked.

"You saw what happened to that meteorite! It's too dangerous!" Tails said.

"Hey, guys. We need to come up with a plan here." Shadow said.

"Don't worry about that, Shadow. I've got it all figured out." someone said over the video.

Eggman appeared on the viewscreen, causing everyone to look up.

"I have a proposal for you." he said over the video.

"I've gotta hear this." Shadow said.

"Why don't we join our forces and work together?"

"What's that?"

On the Crimson Egg.

"I see. You're planning to double-cross them, aren't you?" Rouge asked.

Meanwhile the crew of the Blue Typhoon, aside from Cosmo, were standing in a circle, discussing Eggman's message.