Teasing Time

Cheese was asleep in Shadow's lap.

"Hey, Tails. Why don't you try steerin' the ship on a different course now?" Shadow asked.

"I guess I can. But where exactly do you want me to go, Shadow?" Tails said.

"Wherever. It doesn't matter. It's just we've been going in this direction since the Metarex began chasing us twelve hours ago, and I've been wondering why they haven't fired a shot at us."

"Are you suggesting that the Metarex tricked us into going this way?" Cosmo asked.

"Is it a trap, Shadow?" Tails asked.

"Why don't we find out?" Shadow asked.

"Okay! And while we're at it, we can test out how accurate their tracking sensors are. Let's push our speed to the max! Chris, increase auxiliary engines to maximum power!" Tails said determined.

"Roger. Increasing power now." Chris said.

"Turn to Mark 3.1!"

"Are you sure this is a good idea? They're turning too!" Amy said.

"It's a laser blast. The Metarex are firing at us." Chris said.

"All shields up!" Cream said.

In space an energy beam struck the Typhoon, but its shields prevented any damage.

On the bridge.

"Guess they don't want us going this way." Knuckles said.

"Change course to Mark 0.8! Maintain speed!" Tails said and the Blue Typhoon turned ten degrees to the left.

"But there are three ships approaching at Mark 370, and they're coming at us full speed!" Amy said while three small round Metarex spaceships approached.

"Quick! Target those ships now!"

"You got it!" Chris said and typed on his keypad.

"Amy! Load six missiles and prepare to fire on my command!"

In space.

"Target set." Chris said on voice over.

"Missiles are loaded." Amy said on voice over.

"Fire!" Tails said on voice over.

Several missiles were launched, destroying all three ships in the distance.

"All three ships have been destroyed! Five more are on the way." Chris said voice over.

"Return to original coordinates!"

"Roger."

"Now it's their move!"

On the bridge.

"Cream! Keep all the shields up!" he said.

"Roger!" Cream said.

"If the Metarex back off now, it's because they want us to head this way." he said to himself.

In space the five Metarex Fighters flew away from the Typhoon.

"The Metarex ships turned around. They aren't chasing us anymore." Chris said on voice over.

On the bridge.

"The Metarex are up to something." Tails said.

Shadow nodded.

"Looks that way."

"Chris, are there any Metarex ahead of us?" Knuckles asked.

"I've been trying to search the area with our scanners, but so far I haven't detected anything at all. It's possible that somebody's jamming our scanners." Chris said with an image of the space in front of them being projected.