The Cosmo Conspiracy

Tails was alone on the bridge.

"There seems to be a problem with the security system." he said. "Hopefully we'll all have plenty of time to rest up. Since there aren't any Metarex around, things should stay pretty quiet."

Unaware of a dark figure zipping by behind him. Then the figure eyes one of the doors - specifically, the door to Cosmo's room. The Seedrian was sleeping. She opened the door. The shadow unmistakably belonged to Sonic the Hedgehog.

On the bridge.

"Okay, that should work. Now I'll restart the system." Tails said and pressed a button.

Suddenly an alarm went off, bathing the ship in a red glow and rousing Amy and Cream, and getting the attention of Shadow and Knuckles.

"Red alert! Red alert! We have an intruder on board the ship!" Tails said over the intercom.

Back in Cosmo's room Cosmo awoke to see Sonic standing over her. The red glow stopped.

"You traitor!" Sonic said while she stared in shock and terror.

Knuckles appeared in the doorway and turned the light on.

"Cosmo!" he said then was shocked to see Sonic there.

Sonic threw a Chaos Spear at him, but Shadow immediately arrived and tackled her out of the way. Sonic continued to proceed toward Cosmo, but the battered Sonic stopped him.

"Hold it, Sonic! What is this all about?" he asked and Sonic beard down on him.

They clashed in the hall. Neither of them able to get the upper hand in the grudge match. Then Tails ran in.

"Shadow!" he said.

"Hurry! Grab Cosmo and run!" Shadow said and leapt back, then ran toward Sonic, but rebounded across the ceiling and into her from behind, sending her running down the hall.

Cosmo approached the doorway, fear in her eyes.

"Cosmo, what happened?" Tails asked.

"I woke up... Sonic was there... She said something strange to me..." Cosmo said.

Sonic emerged from the smoke. Tails typed in a lockdown code and ran down the hall with Cosmo. A door shut between him and Sonic. Unfortunately to their surprise, it was no obstacle for her, and she easily broke it down and walked after the fleeing pair. Shadow was left injured on the floor.

'Doctor made you hard to fight!' he thought. 'Where did the old Sonic go?'

Meanwhile Knuckles was running down the hall.

"Shadow, can you hear me! What's going on?" he asked on comlink.

"Shadow got hurt in a fight with Sonic!" Cream said over the comlink.

Meanwhile Cream, Cheese, and Amy were in the infirmary. Amy was watching over Shadow and Cream was speaking to Knuckles.

"They'll be okay, but it'll take some time for them to recover." Cream said.

"Why were they fighting?" Knuckles asked over the radio.

"It's really confusing."

Elsewhere on the Blue Typhoon.

"For some reason, Sonic was trying to attack Cosmo!" Cream said over the comlink.

"So she is our enemy now!" Knuckles said over the comlink.

Then Amy cut in front of Cream.

"Don't even think about going after Sonic right now! Find Tails and Cosmo and make sure they're safe! That's an order!" she said over the comlink.