Chapter 3

One month later.

The DSI (Department of Special Investigation) team of Boss and Fort reviews the shooting area but has no leads. While the first victim survived, unconscious, and they are having difficulty finding CCTV footage or witness testimony. Boss checks the black box of the victim's car, but the images are too blurry to be useful.

Chief Director Han discusses the shooter's motive with Fort and Boss, and they parse it as an emotion-driven crime.

They deduce their suspect to be a middle-aged man in an emotionally demanding job. Since he used such a powerful weapon, Boss, theorizes that he would be timid and fearful in real life, used to suppress his feelings.

Together, the data actives and Boss go over the case. Boss thinks the first case was unplanned, meaning that the car the shooter was driving was his car.

They hear that the first victim has regained consciousness, and Boss and Fort go to question her. She can't remember much, but recalls passing the car, and how she snapped at him.

The victim's story confirms to Boss and Fort that the first shooting was indeed impulsive when the shooter felt pushed gathered edge. It dawns on them that the shooting deliberately re-created the pattern of the first which means he may be looking for his next target already.

It's morning when they arrive at the scene. On seeing the dead couple, Boss thinks back to Fort's warning about the shooter killing again.

The joint investigative team convenes at the DSI for a profiling session. Taking into account the shooter's aggressive actions, Boss concludes that the shooter is suffering a crisis of masculinity, which would have been triggered by some severe trauma.

They share the shooter's profile with the Royal Thai police, describing a meek, middle-aged man who is looked down on by society. He has multiple cars.

Fort gives a press conference detailing their profile on the shooter. Meanwhile, in the DSI office, Boss announces he found the suspect, thanks to a tip-off from the shooter's colleagues. "Tee Tameeruks," Boss Confirms. If there's anything notable about Tee's family. The profilers add Tee's photo to the evidence board.

They immediately moved to catch Tee when they went home.

They arrived at Tee's House. It's an absolute mess inside, and they hold their noses at the smell. While Fort was pursued by Tee. A body is taken away from Tee's house and the bodies recovered from his house have been dead for twenty-four days.

Tee is pursued by Fort and the Royal Thai Police Car. Fort has gained on him, and Tee pulls out his gun and fires at him, sending Fort skidding away.

Fort recovers quickly catches up to Tee again, and shouts at him to stop the car. But Tee instead takes his hands off the wheel as his car crashes into a barricade. It slides across the intersection on its side before finally skidding to a stop.

Tee kicks out the windshield of his upturned car, and emerges. Fort and the police surround him, and Fort orders him to hold fire, laying down his gun.

Meanwhile, Max is a Drug Enforcement Administration agent assigned to investigate drug trafficking. His adopted name was "Kai." He was so effective as a wise guy that the FBI let him keep it up. No one knew how far the investigation would lead, or what it would mean for Max, who started as an agent.

Max took a class to learn about jewelry to make his affection believable. In Bangkok, he roamed bars and restaurants frequented by Mob types. And first, he befriended low-level mobsters. He wore a wire to record conversations and committed to memory names and license plates since taking notes would raise red flags.