💚Prison Blankets (Pt.2)💚

Lloyd came back the next day just a few hours after he left. It was late in the evening when the Green Ninja made it back to the monastery, leaving his family worried sick—truth be told they always were—and asking for all the details on what happened.

He was unsure how to approach the situation himself but he ended up telling them everything—which was probably a bad idea, given how Kai and Nya reacted—knowing he had to do it eventually.

A set of guards passed by him before he made a left turn from the main corridor. He wondered if the baby was awake and how much fun he had spending time with her yesterday. Given that it could probably be his, Lloyd made sure to create a bond between them. Something he never had with his own father.

Lloyd cleared his throat and shook away that thought before walking through a familiar row of curtains. He counted a few and stopped in front of the one that contained his—he didn't know whether to call them his family yet—possible child and mother of said child, and opened the curtains.

"Gah!" He took a step back in surprise and immediately shut the covers. Lloyd rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"It's okay, Lloyd. You can come in." Harumi's voice called from the inside which made him turn his head.

"Uh, I can comeback when you're done." He answered, panic filling his voice and his body.

"Don't be silly! I'm just feeding her."

"But your—."

"You won't see a thing, I promise."

Lloyd took her word for it and entered the small space again but this time, he had his eyes closed and a hand extended in front of him to try and feel where he's going.

Harumi sighed and rolled her eyes. "You could hit something, stupid. Open your eyes." She shook her head in disbelief and looked down at the child in her arms after Lloyd hit the baby's bed. "I really hope you don't get your father's brain."

"I heard that." Lloyd spoke up, his hands finally feeling a chair, and sat down before opening his eyes. "And we don't even know if I'm her dad yet."

Harumi raised an eyebrow at him. "Who else would it be then?" She was in disbelief that he would think she'd engage in practices like that with someone else. "The only time I've had it was with you. When—."

"Alright, alright. Just please be quiet about that." He looked around for a second before turning to face her again. "That night was a mistake and we both know it. We were drunk and—."

Harumi scoffed. "And who's fault was that? You were the one who found them!" Her sudden outburst made the baby squirm in her arms. "Sorry, Lu. Your dad is just getting on my nerves."

Lloyd froze for a moment. He blinked a few times to make sure he heard it right. "Lu? You named her without me?"

Harumi tried to hide the growing smile on her face. "Lumi Garmadon." She stated and fidgeted with the small swaddle the baby was wrapped in. "She already has your last name and the letter of your first, what more do you want?"

"N-nothing." Lloyd rubbed the back of his head. He couldn't possibly demand more after knowing this child was officially his. "Lumi? Where'd you come up with that?"

A small blush tinted Harumi's cheeks which made her turn away and use some strands of her hair to hide it. "Doesn't matter. We're getting out of here in two days, and the commissioner insisted she goes with you." She pulled down shirt and fixed her hold on the baby.

"What?" Lloyd shook his head. "No, I'm not raising her alone. I have my ninja duties to worry about, I don't have time to raise a child!"

"Then maybe you should have thought of that before drinking that bottle of beer, hm?"