Charities

This has been written primarily to negate the notion that there are no options, opportunities or assistance given to women both during and after their pregnancy. In order to ensure she has the help she needs, this ever-growing list can be consulted and provided to women and pro-choice persons unaware of their availability. Keep in mind: 2,700 pro-life pregnancy centers nationwide served almost two million people in 2019, at an estimated value of nearly $270 million.

These are some of the vital services typically provided at virtually no charge:

- Almost 732,000 pregnancy tests

- More than 486,000 free ultrasounds160,200 STI/STD tests

- More than 291,000 clients attended parenting and prenatal education programs

- More than 21,000 clients received after-abortion support

- More than 881,000 students attended sexual risk avoidance education presentations

- Nearly 1.3 million packs of diapers

- More than two million baby outfits

Personnel facts:

- 68,832 workers serve pregnancy centers, including nearly 3,800 licensed medical staff (25% of paid staff)

- Eight in 10 (53,855) of these workers are volunteers, including more than 6,400 licensed medical volunteers (12% of total volunteers)

- Over 10,000 licensed medical workers provide care, as staff and volunteers

Percentage of centers offering the following services:

- Material items – 94%

- Parenting/prenatal education – 86%

- Ultrasound – 79%

- After-abortion recovery – 72%

- In addition, a growing percentage of centers offer sexual risk avoidance presentations to youth (36%), STI/STD testing (30%), STI/STD treatment (21%), childbirth classes (27%), and breastfeeding consultations (19%).

Source: https://lozierinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Pregnancy-Center-Report-2020_FINAL.pdf

And with added funding, they could be able to accomplish so much more. Donate when you can if you are able!

☦︎

☦︎

Save the Storks
Our pro-life database gives women the ability to see what pregnancy services are available in her area so that she can connect with a community of support and care with people who will walk with her through her pregnancy, help her understand her full range of options, and provide the support and resources she needs to feel fully empowered and informed.

[They have a Stork Bus which is a clinic on wheels. It offers pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, STI testing, for free.]

Let Them Live
Financially provides for women who are looking to have an abortion so that they have alternatives to abortion. It does, regularly, baby registries so people can donate baby items (cribs, clothes, diapers, food, and more). Does fundraisers and provides pregnancy counsellors.

Care Net
Offers clinical services:
- free pregnancy tests
- STI/STD testing
- ultrasound services
- parenting programs
- post-abortion recovery and care

Rachel's Vineyard
Offers post-abortion recovery and care through retreats for women and men. They also provide memorial services for the deceased child at the end of the retreat. Provides financial assistance where applicable.

Precious Life Shelter
A mother choosing her child but could be or is homeless is offered shelter through various programs. Offers food and other immediate necessities in emergency situations. Women able to work are provided transitional care, and an efficiency program based on the age of child (up to two years).

Covenant House
Offers housing and training programs to young parents with children. Similar as PLS and includes skill learning.

Helping Mamas
Donating items through Amazon registry or directly to warehouses to provide mothers with items for their children.

DesOrmeaux Foundation
Through their Baby Bottle Campaign, they provide counselling, pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and consultations, adoptions, parenting and nutrition workshops, assistance with items for mother and baby, post-abortion healing, financial care, etc., in hopes of eliminating the desire for abortion.

Has extensions (Baby and Me Boutique) stores to provide items at discount prices in cities where available. Mimi's Attic is similar but significantly broader, including furniture, appliances, and even bedding. There other two ministries offer other services (St. Marguerite D'Youville houses pregnant women, and people can sponsor rooms so they can have room, food, classes so they can get GED and other skills, etc.; the other handles psychological and medical care).

Life Centers
Donate items, provide financial assistance. They take care of pregnant women.

☦︎

☦︎

In conclusion, everyone, whether pro-life or pro-choice, should foster a culture that truly supports life—charities, fundraisers, maternity homes, and everything else that can allow a woman to comfortably carry and raise children. We should advocate for them and show them that options truly do exist no matter how tragic and dire the circumstances may seem.