one

Donna kept a tight check on Raven during her first week at the manor, and she was as quiet as Miranda described - almost ghostly silent. Inside, she rarely speaks or interacts with her coworkers; if she does, it is exclusively to Nina and her alone but it was very rare. Angie would frequently attempt to intimidate her, but she never flinched or became enraged by her pranks.

It's been a month since she began working here, and the only thing Donna notices is that every afternoon, she feeds the chickens or cats who wander into her garden– then nothing else. Raven would just resume her normal routine and responsibilities, which she performs with such professionalism that Nina compliments her daily. However, Donna did find Raven doing something unusual; Raven would constantly slip into the library and spend hours, or even until dawn, when everyone else was asleep.

Donna concentrated her attention on stitching a new dress for the new doll she produced; Angie was with her, raving about Raven and she listened. It was difficult to avoid listening to Angie; she was simply too loud to ignore.

"I am telling you, Donna! Raven is not a human being; she is devoid of emotions! Hell, I attempted to terrify her an excessive number of times but failed," Angie moaned, her wooden arms draped across her hips. "If that had been Kate, she would have burst into tears immediately."

"Aren't you undertaking an excessive amount of troubling her?" She raised her head, which was without a veil since they were in her chambers. "I mean, what did Raven do to you to deserve such antics?"

"I simply want to see her with emotion! I have never seen her smile, laugh, cry, frown, or become angry!" She inhaled despondently. "I just want to see one reaction and I'm done."

"Angie, as much as I remember I have never taught you to be that way," she shook her head, rolling her eyes.

"It is her fault.. okay, it's half of my fault," Angie said with a sigh. "She is enigmatic in a way. Aren't you at all curious in her, Donna? She is almost as silent as you are."

"Perhaps she simply desires calm and tranquility," she observed as she set down the outfit she had created. "Kindly refrain from bothering her; I adore her. She doesn't get into much trouble unlike our former maidens."

"Alright," Angie grumbled as she sat in the chair across from her. "Only because this is the first time you've ever been fond of a housemaid."

"I'm relieved Mother Miranda chose to allow her to stay with us," she said, a faint smile spreading across her face. "I admire her technique; it is always so precise that it does not require repetition."

"Whatever," Angie said as she slid out of her seat and toward the door. "If you ever need me, I'll go annoy Kate."

"Have fun as usual," she swept her hand away, indicating to Angie to leave her alone, which she did.

Donna stowed her sewing tools inside her box and secured it. She wore the veil in her head and took the garment in her hands for the doll she had created. She exited her room and descended the stairs, coming to a halt when she noticed Raven, dressed in a white button-down shirt with the sleeves folded over her elbows and black pants - one hand on the pocket - paired with black leather boots and her hair pulled back into a high ponytail. Raven was staring at the wall picture of Donna and Angie, analyzing the minute details - the tiniest ones she had ever seen.

When she observed Donna's figure over at the steps, she raised her head in greeting and bowed. Donna responded with a nod and started down the steps; as she descends, she can't help but notice Raven's stare at her– she figured it out. She might need something from her.

Donna cleared her throat and took a position in front of the redhead's figure, toying with the dress she was holding and deciding whether to approach her or keep silent as usual.