two

Another week has passed after the shooting event in the village, and Donna's hopes remain unfulfilled. Miranda has ordered everyone under her authority, including the Lords, to remain in their homes for the time being, which means Donna cannot leave her home, not that she wants to anyhow. They were still in the middle of an investigation about the incident which is why they won't leave their homes not until Miranda says so. Her other siblings have been calling to inquire about her well-being, which she much appreciates. The only evidence the police officers and Miranda could locate about Connor West's death were the boots that were left in the crime scene, which were not new. Whoever murdered that man must have been an expert assassin.

Regarding news, there was nothing new at the estate. Raven was as silent as always, and these days she slept sooner. Probably, she was too exhausted to do the assigned tasks. Kate has been on temporary leave, since she has the flu and has been confined to her bed for about a week, and her position as a gardener was unexpectedly transferred to Raven, who readily agreed. She spends her mornings tending to the garden and her afternoons providing Nina with whatever assistance she may require. Donna would merely observe her work without speaking. Occasionally, Raven will bow to her as a token of respect if she sees her about the house, although this is extremely rare because she always stays in her studio and only leaves to visit the library or her room. It continues to amuse her that she never becomes bored with her daily routine. She might pass for a robot.

Today, Donna was outside of the manor, strolling with her hands behind her back with Nina trailing behind her. She was reluctant to leave her favorite spot, but Nina urged her to obtain some vitamin D from the sun. What use do vitamins serve for her? She is an immortal being. Even if she becomes ill, she will not perish.

Nina grinned, "Look, Lady Donna, the weather is so gorgeous today! It's a great time to take a stroll around the property."

Donna rolled her eyes and subtly shook her head in response. She is always grateful for her veil, which conceals her unpleasant emotions. Her footprints stopped when they went through the garden and greenhouse next to the manor. She can hear Angie's voice, speaking incoherently about topics she does not comprehend.

"Oh, in case you were wondering, Angie is irritating Raven since we opted to isolate Kate till she is well."

She nodded her head and inhaled deeply. Angie will persist until she irritates the red-haired woman.

"Would you like to inspect the greenhouse? Raven has taken excellent care of it."

Nina followed her once again as she nodded and proceeded towards the greenhouse. The closer she approached, the more she was able to comprehend Angie's ramblings. The doll was telling the redhead about her misadventures and would ask a question in the middle of her story telling, but like the usual Raven was unable to answer the doll's inquiries throughout her tale. She would just answer the yes or no question, with a shake of her head or a nod.

Nina knocked on the door of the greenhouse, catching the attention of the redhead and the doll. "Raven, sorry to disturb you, but Lady Donna wanted to visit the greenhouse."

As soon as she saw Donna at the entrance, Raven cautiously lifted her head and quickly bowed. She wore overalls made of denim with a black tank top and boots to protect her feet from dirt. Her red hair is knotted in a rather unkempt bun, with strands cascading down her face. Donna gulps as she assumes Raven's entire shape; she was rather strong, and her arms were toned, which makes Donna wonder if she exercises frequently. This is also the first time she has seen Raven wearing something different other than her usual button-down blouses. She seems quite attractive.

Angie joyfully floated around Donna the moment she sees her. "What are you doing out here? I was just talking to Raven."

"I forced her to come out," Nina adds with pride. "While we were walking, she heard your voice and decided to see the greenhouse."