01 : Maths and the Deal

Ryujin hates Beomgyu

Well, not like hate hate, but in a kind of way you would hate a person that always manages to get on your nerves.

Sometimes, she wonders how on earth they are best friends when all she wants to do is strangle him in situations like these.

Right now, they're both sitting across the table in Beomgyu's room, glaring at each other. That anime-like spark between their eyes couldn't be seen - but it's there.

"Can you like, stop being a pain in the ass for a second?" She says, annoyance lacing her voice.

"I can, but not when you want me to do this, and that too, calmly."

He jerks his chin to the books lying around the table. It was a variety of them- the english and geography one closed because they were done with their syllabus.

The one open was a General Algebra Volume 2. To say the least, Beomgyu isn't a fan of that book.

"Do you realise that we're having our mid-terms in one month?" Ryujin places her elbows on the table, getting serious.

"So? I don't see the point?" He presses his thumb on the pen in his hand, making her sigh.

The urge to strangle him grows exponentially. She knows he hates maths, but it won't work out if he just completely backs out on the subject!

"The point is," the blond stands up and slams a punch on the table. Beomgyu remains unfazed. "You haven't studied anything in maths, are you planning to fail?!"

His fingers come to pinch the bridge of his nose. "Shin, even if I fail maths, I wouldn't fail the whole term because I have other subjects to compensate."

This makes her whine loudly and slump back in her chair like an old hag who has given up in life. Fighting with him is never easy. It wasn't when they were kids and it still isn't.

"You look like you've just had the best orgasm of your life." He giggles, her eyes shoot open and there's the glare again.

The nerve. The brotherfucking nerve.

"I'm this-" she brings her index finger and thumb close "-close to slicing your throat open."

He puts his cheek on his palm and leans forward, that sucking smile still on his face. "Have you ever read the quote that goes, 'Never judge a book by it's cover'?"

Her brows knit themselves in confusion. This man is seriously unpredictable. Ryujin has had all the useless conversations of her life with him. "Don't try to change the fucking topic!"

"No I'm not, just look at this," he scrambles forward, reaching for his textbook, closing it and showing the cover to her. She raises a brow at the borderline anger in his voice.