03 : Luck and the Exam

"Aren't you going to wish me good luck?"

Ryujin hears Beomgyu ask once he catches her up the corridor. Damn it. Looks like the plan of ignoring him before the test is failing.

Yes, it is the exam day. 'Beomgyu's time to shine' as he likes to call it.

"You're way too early," she says, ignores his remark.

"Didn't wanna take any risk," he beams, shifting the weight of his backpack from one shoulder to the other.

This was their second last exam — only Accounts is remaining. Ryujin's are going good and surprisingly, his are well too. He's certain he would score the highest in Economics.

And he is also certain about scoring the desired goal in Maths as well — she can make it out from his humongous smile and the way he's skipping the corridor.

Why in world is he so happy about going to the examination hall?

"Prepared to fail?" Ryujin looks over to him, sees Chenle throwing his arm around Beomgyu's shoulder who is laughing already.

"Naah mate, I've studied pretty well," the brunet says and their newly arrived friend let's out a shocked gasp.

"What?! This is not the Beomgyu I know!" Chenle exasperates. "Any cause for this change of mood?"

Ryujin speeds up a little, doesn't really want to be in the conversation. But she's still intrigued about what will he say.

"Not really," he starts. "Lia noona made me understand that maths is important." And the blond thinks it was the worst time to snort.

Lia unnie. Yea, definitely.

Chenle has a surprised — almost unbelievable look on his face. Then he looks at her who can't stop laughing, still walking fast. Damn how long is the hallway.

"That seems.." he trails out and sees Beomgyu also trying to stifle his laugh. "..questionable. But okay."

Ryujin doesn't say anything. The hall finally arrived and she gets in before the two boys.

"Alright, will meet you after it ends." He fist bumps the other and they both enter, get into their respective seats.

It's seven minutes early and yet many students have come. Ryujin arranges her stationary, keeps herself busy because she doesn't want her mind to wander off to certain things.

Then she remembers that she didn't wish him luck. She checks around the hall to find his seat since his roll number comes before her. Her eyes land onto his only to find out that he was already looking at her.

A warm smile falls to her lips and she lifts up her hand and makes a thumbs-up sign, mouthes 'good luck' as he does the same.

Maybe it will all be good.