E i g h t e e n - Homosexually Yours, Xiao Dejun

Xiaojun imagined King Of Hearts sitting in his room, writing an e-mail as he packed a duffel bag.

It was back to an anonymous King Of Hearts, imagined so he never saw his face.

"I'm drinking eggnog and packing to go to my dad's cabin on Lake Rabun. I'm pretty sure there's a photo of it on the Wikipedia page for 'middle of nowhere.'"

Xiaojun paused.

Something about this sounded familiar.

The wheels in his head began to turn...

"I'm going to an unheated vacation house basically in the middle of nowhere." Xiaojun remembers Ten telling the Oliver cast.

Xiaojun connected the dots.

Could Ten be King of Hearts?

"Holy shit." He started imagining...

Ten and his dad pull up to a very rustic cabin on a beautiful lake.

"There's barely electricity and definitely no cell service, so this will be my last e-mail for a while."

Ten and his dad are bundled up on a boat, fishing.

"It should be a real rite of passage though: a dad and his gay son pretending they like fishing and trying to find things to talk about... for two weeks."

Ten's dad looks like he's about to say something, then reconsiders, and takes a sip of beer.

"She and Him's cover of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" just came on Spotify. I know I should think it's too twee, but I kind of love it. Don't judge me. And have yourself a merry little Christmas, Koh. Don't judge me for that lame segue either. God, it's going to be an excruciating two weeks without you. Love, DJ."

Xiaojun finished the e-mail as She and Him's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" kicked in and Xiaojun closed his eyes leaning back in his chair as he started to imagine.

Xiaojun and his entire family pile a cart full of their favorite holiday foods.

They pass the candy aisle where Xiaojun sees Ten putting a pack of Reese's Cups into his basket.

He smiles at Xiaojun.

But then suddenly, he's gone.

Xiaojun winced, remembering that it was just his imagination.

......

Mrs. Xiao served everyone french toast for dinner, a Xiao family tradition.

Xiaojun looked past his family to a sprig of mistletoe hanging above a doorway.

He imagined Ten standing beneath it.

Ten gestures at the mistletoe, like "should we kiss?".

Xiaojun then shook his head with a smile before going back to watch Love Actually with his family.

Mr. and Mrs. Xiao snuggled on the couch while Yuna and Yeri were sprawled out on the floor.

Suddenly, an arm wrapped itself around Xiaojun.

He looks over to find Ten curled up next to him.

Ten puts his head on Xiaojun's shoulder.

Yeri playfully tosses a pillow at them.

Mrs Xiao offers Ten a glass of cider.

Everything is perfect.

Xiaojun reaches for a cookie on the coffee table, and when he sits back, Ten was gone.

......

Xiaojun was wrapping presents when he heard a knock on his door.

"Xiaojun?" Yuna poked her head through the space.

Xiaojun threw a towel over the presents.

"Come in."

Yuna entered with her iPad.

She sat on the edge of Xiaojun's bed and brought her knees to her chest like a little kid.

"Well? What do you want?"

"I need to show you something." Yuna turned her iPad around.

The SMsecrets Tumblr page was already open.

Xiaojun's face went white, there was a new entry:

"XIAO DEJUN'S OPEN INVITATION TO ALL DUDES"

Kun's screenshot of Xiaojun and King Of Heart's e-mails were accompanied by a short post.

"Dear all dudes of SM High, with this missive, I hereby declare that I am supremely gay and open for
business. Interested parties may contact me directly to discuss arrangements for anal butt sex. Strong resemblance to Jon Snow preferred. Ladies need not apply. Homosexually yours, Xiao Dejun."

Xiaojun sat frozen in place while Yuna stared at him intently.

"Oh my god." Xiaojun said under his breath.

"I already reported it. They'll take it down."

"Everyone has already seen it though... It's true. I'm gay."

Yuna was stunned but she tried not to make a big deal of it.

"Oh... So what are you gonna do now?"

"I don't know."

"You could deny it-"

"I'm not going to deny it. I'm not ashamed-"

"Well, you haven't said anything until now, so-"

"So what? What the hell are you talking about?" Xiaojun snapped.

Yuna's face crumpled into tears.

Xiaojun realized she was completely overwhelmed.

"Yuna, I-"

"It's not my fault!" She hurried out in tears.

Xiaojun felt bad but he had bigger things to worry about.

He went to his computer in a total panic.

He furiously typed an e-mail to King Of Hearts.

"I know you're going off the grid and you probably won't see this until you're back, but something's
happened. You're going to find out who I am. But please don't freak out and stop writing to me. Please, Koh. As soon as you get this, I need you to promise me you won't disappear." Xiaojun hit send, close to hyperventilating.

His phone buzzed.

Then buzzed again.

He checked it - texts from his friends:

Ryujin: Are you okay?
Lia: Can you call me?
Yangyang: Hey dude. Wanna go for a walk?
Ryujin: Xiaojun, please call me. I love you.

Xiaojun turned off his phone, unable to deal.

He turned off the lights, crawling under his bed covers.

Then he put a pillow over his face, and he just screamed.

=====
(a/n: i got a new phone so the time skip dots have changed oof. xiaojun was down so bad he started hallucinating 😳😮‍💨)