My favourite time of year......

My favourite time of the year is the festive season of Christmas... It's the Yuletide  time when everyone is joyful and busy. It's the time when the streets are decorated with lights, homes with stars and the mistletoe is hung everywhere; you can hear the carols, and smell some gingerbread. Children making Snowman, Santa on a sleigh, Everyone is happy and let the sorrow go away.
      Honestly, I wait for this moment for the chilly winter mornings when I can put on my warm blanket and enjoy my favourite hot chocolate while my window is covered with fog. It's so much fun...
     Well, my celebration of Christmas starts on December 1st or sometimes even in November. We clean our house and take out all the boxes filled with decorations. I start with my room And I take out all the stuff to make space for my Christmas cup and  Elf. I decorate every room one by one with decorative items and some of my DIY crafts. I light the little candles, I hang my Santa's cap, stockings and I make sure that I wear Christmas coloured dresses every day. (Red, white, green).
Red is my favourite as it shines bright in the white frosty weather.

         While my dad is busy with the lighting and stars outside, I and my sister start to decorate the Christmas tree inside

         While my dad is busy with the lighting and stars outside, I and my sister start to decorate the Christmas tree inside. We hang up all the balls, bells, canes and ribbons with trumpets drums candles and reindeers; finally, put the lights and a star on the top of the tree.
      It is believed that the star used to locate the place where Jesus was born 2000 years ago. likewise, every little  Decorative item Has got its very own detail and purpose which many people don't know yet.
       I decorate my showcase with angels, gifts and arrange the crib. I put the wreath on the door and I decorate even more... Then I start making my greeting cards and gifts for everyone who cares about me.
      I make sweets along with my mom we use coconut and berries to make doughnuts and cookies. While dad brings chocolates and cherries, I make cakes with Strawberries. Then we distribute sweets to our neighbours and invite them to join us in celebration...

 Then we distribute sweets to our neighbours and invite them to join us in celebration

I sit on my little swing in the night and sing carols. For me this season is magical! Before the morning of Christmas, We make a little bonfire at night. then play traditional music and dance around it with my cousins. It is the best part if you ask me...
      Then we exchange gifts with our family which is very exciting. We also give each other a greeting card and then go to bed. I cannot sleep due to the excitement...

The next day I attend church with my family

The next day I attend church with my family. When the priest tells about the importance of Christmas i.e the birth of Jesus Christ. After that, I meet all my friends and relatives wish them "Merry Christmas", shake hands, give a hug and exchange bright smiles. Then we together enjoy the cake. We remember all the good and bad moments that happened throughout the year and Thank God for being with us all the time. We thank him for all the blessings and the hope he has given to us.
     Although the celebration is over on  25th December,we keep the decorations as it is until New Year. This season drives all my bad vibes away and keeps me overwhelmed. It Cheers me up, all through the year.

My favourite time of year,
Look it's almost here,
Can you feel it now,
It's coming around...
(song by: Debby Ryan.)