18) Perspective

Man On A Wire

18) Perspective.

You know when you're in the car and you're looking out of the window and you see the world around you, what do you see? What do you focus on? I guess if you're the driver you focus on the road but what if you're a passenger, I mean ... Besides the co-pilot of course?

So what do you focus on? Do you focus on what is happening on the roads so that you are in the loop and can brace yourself for any possible impacts or sudden swerves?

Do you sit and stare out of the window and watch the scenery pass you by? If you choose the second option then what part o the scenery do you watch? The close up bit? Like the hedges on the side of a lane or buildings or other cars on the other side of the road? Do you look to the sky and watch the clouds as you roll along with them?

Or do you look into the distance and do you look at how the scenery changes the further you look into the distance. How everything seems so much more faded and little. So uncertain. Yet the objects that are right up close to you are the only ones you can be sure about. The bold ones.

I remember in school when we used to draw to perspective. We'd have massive objects in the foreground and all shaded in, in the darkest colour we could find. I tell you there were many of the darker pencils gone within seconds. But then we'd get to the background and the further you got into the distance the lighter you had to use your pencil and the smaller the objects got. Until finally you were left with the sky and I used to colour that in by, because we had been smudging the pencils on the page to help with colouring, smudging my fingers lightly across the page.

I'm guessing that Danny is one of those people who either focuses on the road and therefore doesn't notice the scenery around him. Or if he does notice the scenery then he looks only to the items around him. Like the nearest tree or something. He doesn't seem like the type that will notice how the world changes as you look into the distance. How his world might change if he looked into the future. Sure it's uncertain, sure it's as faded as the furthest line of land you can see but it's something to focus on. That's what he needs to do.

It's been a week since I've seen Danny. He hasn't text or called or anything of the sort. He's probably still focused on the bold object in front of him. That being me and my threads. You know what ... I honestly don't blame him. If that were me and i had been told all of this ... I reckon i would literally run a mile just as Finn had done.

Glen had been in contact and had given me updates about Danny and how he is feeling, what he is up to and how he is doing in general. I almost felt like a stalker but I had to know he was okay and that he hasn't done anything stupid ... Besides the ban of anything to do with me. My name and 'ability' included. Glen had to refer to calling me 'The Photographer' which he wasn't impressed with an Mark was none the wiser. He kept calling me by my name because Dan just couldn't be bothered to tell him to piss off and Glen didn't have the heart to tell him that there has actually been a ban on anything about me.

We will have to see each other soon and the ban will have to be lifted because we were soon heading off to Ireland to do a tour there. The problem is I don't really know how I could sort it.

I quickly got my phone out and pulled up Dan's number and hit the call button before I had the chance to change my mind. He didn't answer and it went to voicemail.

"Danny, it's Adelaide. Answer. We need to talk. We can't let this shit go to Ireland. I know you have your phone on you; you're hardly ever not on it. Next time I ring answer or I will make your phone explode by texting you so much that you really will have to buy a new phone and I will not be paying the bill. See you," I said.

I left it five minutes or so before calling again. Alas to no avail.

"Danny. I swear I will leave a tonne of messages on your phone,"

'No need to leave messages. I will call you soon. D x' was what came back.

I frowned at my phone. Why couldn't he call me now? Glen said he had nothing planned today so why not now? Sure yes, I know he is a busy man and he can't be expected to drop everything but ... I feel like this is quite important. Finally my phone lit up and started buzzing.

I answered the phone but no one said anything. Even after I had said hello a few times. I don't know what he was playing at I really don't. That was until I heard something ... Perhaps I shouldn't have heard.

Oh he had rang me alright. How to split a girl's heart clean in to two? This is a masterclass by Mr Daniel freaking O'Donoghue. Call your fucking soul mate when you're in bed with another girl.

There was nothing I could do but hang up.

A/N: Let me know what you all think.

Love - Lauren.