19) I Believe The Phrase Is 'Talk To The Hand'

Man On A Wire.

19) I Believe The Phrase Is 'Talk To The Hand.'

When you see a certain colour what do you think about that colour? People look at pink and says it represents girls and our stereotypical ways. It represents princesses and beauty and all the magical things in the world.

You look at blue and what do you think of? The sky and the sea? Perhaps a blue eyed charmer? People see blue and they automatically think of boys and their stereotypical ways but do they think of princes? No. They don't. So why is it that us girls are expected to act in a stereotypical manner whilst the boys can, and I mean this quite literally in this case, fuck around with anyone they want? Why is that the case?

It's like all the shades of pink are meant to represent girls and princesses and growing up to love someone. To mix colours with someone else. That someone that will mean so much to you in time.

With blue the different shades mean different things. Light blue represents baby boys. The normal blue could represent the sky and the sea whilst the dark blue along with the primary colour blue represents boys and their childhood and adolescence. Not once does the colour represent princes and going forth to rescue their princess. Oh no! Society nowadays.

I was lying in bed. The duvet wrapped around me like a protective layer. I was literally cocooned in the layers of my duvet. My head was resting on my pillows and the tears that escaped freely from my eyes poured so far down my face until they reached the pillow and the fabric of the pillow case absorbed my tears.

The doorbell rang and I startled slightly. I wasn't sure who would be outside my door. Postman? I checked the clock. No it's too late now; I mean I know the post deliveries get later and later but I don't believe that post would be delivered at this time in the afternoon.

I decided not to answer it. The postman could go and do one as far as I cared. I wasn't up for any visitors. Not after what I had heard. I mean who the hell has the audacity to do that? To the one person who'd stick by him ... Or at least try to anyway. To the one person who can connect to him deeper than anyone else can. To the one person who is literally tied to him. Thread to thread. Heart to heart.

The doorbell rang again. Was it Jackie? Again, I'm no in the mood to talk to her either. She'd ask too many questions and she'd call Danny all sorts of names which I don't particularly want to hear him be called because although what he has done is absolutely shit of him ... He is still someone I do care about deeply.

My phone started vibrating. I felt the movement come up from underneath the pillows. I near enough always keep my phone under the pillows whenever I am in my bedroom because its just easier. Especially when you're on the bed and all you have to do is reach under the pillow and pull out the phone.

I did just so and looked at the number and the name. One word: Asshole. In other words, I now know who is at the door. Danny. I let it ring off. He is the last person I want to talk to right now. Heck, if i didn't want to talk to Jackie I'm sure as hell not going to want to talk to the asshole who made me feel so down in the first place.

A notification came through which informed me I had a voicemail. I sighed slightly and clenched my teeth before hitting the message and putting the phone up to my ear.

'Adelaide. You know it's me. I'm outside. I know you're in. Let me in please. We really need to talk. I know I have been absolutely crap to you. I ran out after you spilled your heart out to me. When I did that to you ... Did you run? No. You stayed. You wanted to help me. You wanted to try and make me feel better. I had been holding onto that for fucking ages and I let it out then pushed you out and away from me and away from my heart. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for running away and I'm sorry for not contacting you but we do need to sort this out before the Ireland tour," his recorded voice came through the speakers.