28) Like What You See?

Man On A Wire. 

28) Like What You See?

The four of us entered the hotel lobby with suitcases in hand. Management had booked us in to this hotel for the night. Before you ask it's not one of those hotels with fancy items in every room and exquisite room service and stuff like that. We don't roll like that. We just go to the nearest hotel and go in there. Luckily, there was one on the high street we broke down on. 

Danny and I took a double room and Mark and Glen both took singles. Dan always said that he has the same room number at every hotel. That way, if he is drunk he will always remember which number room is his. 

We both entered the room and light flooded the room as Danny placed the card into the slot. There was a comfy looking kingsized bed by the all on the right hand side with a window looking out at the city below on the left. There was also a sofa, black and fully cushioned, near to the door with a door leading to a bathroom on the other side of the room. 

"I'll take the sofa," Danny said and I turned to look at him. 

"You... Don't need to," I said carefully, earning me a frown and a cautious look directed at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You sure?" He asked. 

"Let's just see how it goes, alright?" I asked. 

"Okay. I'm gunna set the suitcases down, d'you want a shower?" He asked. 

I smiled. "Yeah. That'd be great. Thanks," I said and quickly grabbed my suitcase, pulling out the essentials and zipping it back up. 

The bathroom reminded me of my teenage and childhood years of doing the chores every weekend, when I had to clean the bathrooms. Every single spec war has been declared and won in this room. The room was whiter than a lamb in springtime. 

After having a shower I came out in my pjs and let Danny go in for his shower. You know, for a man he actually spends so long in the shower. I swear he spent longer than me in there. When he comes back out with a towel wrapped around his waist, his hair is flat to his face and once again I got to see the image of water droplets running down his bare torso. 

"Hey... Didn't you take clothes in with you?" I asked. 

"No," he said with a grin. 

"Oh," I said. 

"I just need to get a head towel," he said and rummaged around in his suitcase. I sat on the bed watching him trying to find his towel. 

"What's up Adelaide? Finding something good to look at?" He asked glancing at me before turning his attention back to his suitcase. 

"Me? Nope," I teased. 

"Oh? Really?" He asked back. 

"Yup," I said confidently. 

"So ... Why do I feel a pair of eyes watching my every move then?" He asked. 

"Bathroom. Now. Get changed and dry that flat hair of yours," I said as he went back into the bathroom, head towel in hand.

I walked up to the bathroom door and knocked on the door. There was a movement of fabric and the door opened. I saw the head towel strewn across the floor and his hair was a fluffy mess. I could do nothing but stifle a laugh. 

"What?" He asked, grinning. 

"Your hair!!" I said whilst giggling. 

"Oh shut up. It's just a bit ... Fuzzy," he said looking quickly in the mirror.

"You don't say!?" I said and chucked the towel back at him. 

He looked at it and threw it over his shoulder and into the bathroom next to the other towel. He then slowly walked forward making my breath hitch, wondering what he was going to do. He took my hands in his and put them onto his chest, never looking away from my face. He is constantly searching for signs of discontent or discomfort. Even though I never show him any of that, he is still cautious; he really wants to make this work. Either that or he feels obligated to make it work due to the threads. 

He put his hands around my back and found their home in the small of my back. He tightened his grip and pulled us together making my hands slide up his chest and hang around his neck. 

A few water droplets from his hair ran down his face slowly and I took this time to follow its path. From the middle of his head, down over the bridge of his nose, following the area under his eyes and across his cheeks. It then heads down to his lips where the water is absorbed by the very small parting in his lips. He probably doesn't even realise his lips are parted that slight fraction. 

"Danny?" I asked. 

"Hmm?" 

"... Kiss me?" I asked. 

"With pleasure," he said and without hesitation, he brought his lips down onto mine. 

A/N: so I'm sorry about the shortness of these chapters but a triple update isn't so bad right? 

Tell me what you think. 

Vote and comment. 

Do as you please. 

Love, Lauren.