23) Exit Wounds

Man On A Wire: 

23) Exit Wounds. 

Danny sat at the piano. He had taken his jacket off and placed it on the stool he then sat on. He took a while trying to find the right area to play. From what he was playing it seemed like a fairly high pitched song. He turned around to look at Glen who had grabbed a guitar and was quickly tuning it. 

"Could we lower the key, d'you reckon Glen? Otherwise I'd have to sing at your pitch and although I can go fairly high, I'm not sure I can go as high as you normally sing," Danny asked. 

"Okay. I'll play without a capo then have normal chord progressions but further up the guitar," Glen said. 

"Right so should I try C4 area?" Danny asked. 

"Yeah. Middle C should be fine. Head down to C3 for this key," Glen said. 

I looked between the three of them. This musical jargon means nothing to me and here I am trying to understand what they are saying.

 Glen, who obviously noticed, piped up and said: 'the song we have recorded is in a particularly high pitch. It's C4 but heading up to C5 instead. Basically the lower the number the lower the pitch. So Danny wants to sing this song in a lower key as it would suit his voice way better thus we have to lower the key of the music too. It would seem a little off to have normal Mesi-soprano key with an tenor ... More alto tone.' I nodded. That did make sense. Danny looked at Glen and mouthed 'one two three four'. On four they both started playing. I sat there and listened. 

'My hands are cold. 

My body's numb. 

I'm still in shock. 

What have you done? 

My head is pounding 

My vision's blurred. 

Your mouth is moving. 

I don't ... Hear a word," Danny sang with back up from Glen. 

I know why he was very reluctant to play and song this song to me now. I'm guessing this song is about me ... Or is it about Irma?

"And it hurts so bad,

That I search my skin. 

For the entry point, 

Where love went in, 

And ricocheted, 

And bounced around... 

And left a hole ...

When you walked out yeah' 

Okay this song could be a mixture between myself and Irma if I think about it logically. The night of the first time he kissed me he said he hadn't written a song yet. I'm guessing pretty soon after I had 'walked out' on him, he wrote that song. 

"I'm falling through the doors of the emergency room. 

Can anybody help me with these exit wounds. 

I don't know how much more love my heart can lose ... 

And I'm dying dying from these exit wounds. Woundssssss. When they're leaving the scars you're keeping ....'