Chapter 18

I flinch as the morning light shines on my face. I groan and cover my eyes with blankets.

"Sorry," I hear Bonnie whisper.

"It's okay," I take the blankets off and bonnie takes a seat at the end of my bed.

"How have you been?"

I shrug. "Okay, I guess."

"Does that have anything to do with Kai kidnapping Elena?"

I open my mouth to speak but decide not to.

"Or is it just about kai..?"

"It's just that with the whole prison world thing...You know never mind."

"You know you can trust me right?" Bonnie says.

"Of course I know."

I take a deep breath before speaking.

"Being in the prison world for so long with Kai, I just feel like he's not as bad as he seems to be."

"Even though he trapped you?"

"I can see how this sounds weird," I look down.

"Yeah..."

"So how are you and Jeramy?" I ask trying to flip the conversation from me to her.

"I think we're good. It was weird at first being back after four months of being gone but he's really understanding."

"That's good," I smile,

"Yeah, it is," She responds and I can tell she's trying to hide her smirk.

...

I was back at Whitmore hospital. Elena had called me in a panic and said she'd explain once I got here but I was still entirely confused. I quickly made my way to the hospital room number Elena had told me. I step in and the first voice I hear is Jo's.

"I had Duke send over Colin's medical records," Jo says, "this head scan is from earlier this week."

She puts another head scan up although this one had a bunch of red dots unlike the other.

"This one was takin right here 10 minutes ago. See all that read?" Jo points her finger at the picture.

"Well I'm no doctor, but that guy is screwed," Damon says.

"So the blood didn't heal him, it sped up his cancer and killed him," Stefan says.

Blood? Killed? Why was no one telling me what was going on?

"So now I have a stage 10 cancer patient, which by the way doesn't exist. Who is beyond terminally ill and a vampire," Jo's words don't make much sense to me but I'm trying to put the pieces together.

"Meaning all his emotions are heightened and he can't die," Jo finishes her sentence.

So I think they gave a cancer patient vampire blood but it backfired. I'm still not sure what this has to do with me.

"Hey, no offense but can someone tell me why I was called down here to listen to the story of Colin the cancer vamp," Damon says my exact thoughts.

"Because caroline fed me her blood last night," I hear Liz's voice making us all turn our heads.

"So the same thing is gonna happen to me."

...

I can't comprehend what just happened. I was sitting down on one of the hospital chairs trying to collect my thoughts.

Was Liz really gonna die? Like today?

I don't even want to know how Caroline's reaction would be. I just hope Jo can find a solution to this so the inevitable won't happen.