Chapter 26

It's been three days since we got Caroline back. Now Stefan's next on the list. He has been drying out for the past couple of days in this B&B Damon had rented, so maybe it's time to try and strike some emotion out of him. Although I think this will be much harder than Caroline's detour. This is why I let Damon and Elena do the job. I let my head fall and stare at the floor.

Kai had been gone for the past days. Coven business. I know he needs to attend them being Coven Leader and all but I can't help but miss him every passing moment.

I feel a finger lift my chin up. I direct my attention to the person responsible and a smile stretches across my face as I see my boyfriend. I get up from the bench I was previously sitting on and quickly wrap my arms around him. His arms wrap around my back and I intake his smell of cologne.

After a moment I remove my head from the crook of his neck.

"Hi," he smiles.

"Hi, how come you didn't tell me you'd come back today?"

"Well I wanted to surprise you," he explains.

I try my best not to jump up and down like a little kid when their mom buys them ice cream.

"How'd you know I'd be here?"

"Caroline," he answers my question.

I let out a laugh. "Of course."

But I don't care as long as she's supportive and not hating me I'm totally fine with her knowing about Kai and I being together.

I attach my lips to his to get a feel of what I've been missing.

His hand grips my back harder and I release a soft moan into his mouth.

"Grace!"

I quickly stop kissing him to see Caroline about six feet away from us.

I sigh. "Yes?"

"Sorry to break up this surly heartfelt moment but, Stefan," she explains.

I let out a breath of air. "In a minute okay."

She rolls her eyes. "Fine but only a minute. I'm keeping my eyes on the both of you," she notions her words with her fingers, and me and Kai just look at each other and laugh.

"Alright," I respond to her warning and she smiles as she walks away.

I take a seat back on the bench and Kai does the same.

"So, how was Portland?"

"Boring as always but hey at least they have good food."

I laugh at his words. Kai loves food probably more than anything.

"Um, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah? What?"

"Does your dad attend the Coven meetings or..?"

"No, of course not. He'd rather tear his own eyes out than see me in his former position."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah, he's at my old house. Bastard probably thinks it's impossible for me to do a locator spell on him." His jaw clenches.

I intake a breath thinking about the words about to come out of my mouth.

"Not to be insensitive or anything but, why don't you just kill him?"

"Grace, there is nothing more that I would want than for him to be dead. But what he did to me, what he did to us he deserves to suffer much more than just a quick death."