chapter one

y/n's pov

"trevor!" i yelled while banging on his door. the door flung open only to reveal a tired-looking trevor. his hair was all messed up, eye bags prominent.

"hey," he smiled while pulling me into a hug. trevor has been my best friend since forever, and my crush since forever as well. our moms grew up together. they even moved around together and got pregnant together.

my mom and i have been trying to help out his family, but there's only so much we can do since we're struggling, too. we're getting evicted in less than a month, but my mom and older brother don't know that i know and won't tell me about it. 

"trevor! get over here! i need to cut your hair!" his mom, callie, called out. he handed me a plate of waffles and grabbed one for himself. he sat down and i sat in front of him, his mom behind him with a pair of clippers. trevor and i talked about random shit, laughing, callie joining in some time. 

"ow, mom. you cut me!" he groaned.

"oh, you'll live," i laughed while placing my plate in the sink.

~time skip~

i heard an aggressive knock on my front door. i rolled my eyes knowing only one person who knocks like that.

trevor.

"hey," i smiled slightly, knowing why he was here. tears started forming in my eyes. i couldn't help but look away, covering my eyes as the tears fall harder.

"come here," he softly mutters while pulling me into a hug. my arms tightly wrapped around him as he comforts me. "my mom said we're  only staying for a couple of weeks, ok?"

i looked up at him through y lashes, slightly nodding at what he said. "you better not forget about me!" i playfully punched him. we laughed for a second until he looked at me with a serious look in his eyes.

"before i leave, there's just one thing i want to do," i looked at him with a questioning look.

"sure. what's up?" i asked. without wasting a second, he quickly leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. it took me a second to process what was going on, but my brain quickly registered the situation. my hands made their way to his hair, gently weaving my fingers through the curls. one of trevor's arms was wrapped around my waist, the other gently cupping my cheek. 

we pulled apart.

"well . . . that was, uh. umm sorry, i-" i cut him off with another kiss.

"shut up, dummy. your mom and sister are probably waiting. go. and you better call me or else I'll drive there myself," we laughed.

"i might just have to test that," he winked and walked away.

"bye! drive safe!" i waved at phoebe and callie as they drove off.

~time skip~

the first time trevor called me was when he first got to his grandfather's old home. he told me that his mom was making them stay there. yeah, i cried a little. but he assured me that he'll visit whenever he can and he'll call me every day. it was obvious we both like each other, i just hope that someone else doesn't get in the picture.

"hey, sweetie," my mom knocks on my door. i just finished some summer school work as she walked in. "how's your work going?"

"i just finished up. i was thinking about calling trevor soon. what's up?" i asked while flopping on my bed. my mom sat next to me.

"well, callie called, and she finally finished cleaning all the cobwebs and dust from the house and wanted to know if you wanted to spend the summer with them."

"oh my god! really! yes! oh . . . what about you? you need help here. i can't just leave-"

"don't worry about me. go have fun with you boyfriend," she giggled.

"stop it, mom!" i laughed while getting up to pack. my mom told me i was leaving tomorrow around noon, and not to tell trevor. it was supposed to be a surprise since he's been so depressed lately about the move.

~time skip~

i gave my mom a quick goodbye. we both never liked goodbyes ever since my dad passed away. we tightly hugged as i left the plane. i have no idea how we were able to afford this ticket, but don't worry about it. it's fanfiction. 

the plane finally landed. i had bout enough cash on me to get me a cab from the airport to Summerville. 

"thank you!" i thanked the cab driver and walked up a hill to an old dirt farm. i knew for a fact that this was his house because of the way he would constantly complain about it. it's kind of cute.

i took a deep breath and knocked on the door.