04

Jeon Heejin's POV

It is now Thursday afternoon, and I'm peacefully sitting on a chair in Kahei's cafe. I stare at my drink intently. My thoughts are eating me up again. 

Mom just called a while ago, and our conversation wasn't that great. I can't believe she called just to compare me with Hyeol again. This has happened many times already, and I'm getting tired of it. 

"Two!" someone called me by my nickname.

That's right. I'm Two, Jeon Number Two. Just Two. Always Two and will never be One.

"Yujin!" I greeted her and waved my hand a little as I tried to make my smile look more genuine. 

There's a girl walking alongside her. She's smaller than Yujin but quite taller than me. She's pretty, I have to admit that. Is she the person Yujin was talking about yesterday?

"Gaeul, meet Jeon Heejin." Yujin enthusiastically introduced me to her. 

I stood up and politely offered a hand shake that she accepted almost immediately. 

Then Yujin introduced her to me, "Two, this is Kim Gaeul." 

"Nice meeting you, Heejin," she said. She has got a sweet voice. 

"The feeling is mutual, Gaeul. By the way, you can just call me Two." almost everyone in our school calls me that, so I kind of feel strange whenever someone calls me by my name, except for Hyunjin. She never called me 'Two' and she never called Hwihyeol 'One'.

"I guess my business here is done. Good luck to the two of you! " Yujin quickly runs away, making me laugh a little. I bet she's going to go see my cousin. 

"So, let's take a seat?" Gaeul said. 

"Oh, yeah, right." 

We sat across from each other, and I ordered something from her. We started exchanging questions like what's your favorite color, food, season, etc.

"I'm actually surprised to see you here," she said to me. 

"Really? Why? " I asked her. 

"I heard the rumors going around the school," she said, chuckling. 

"About Hyunjin and I?" she nodded. 

"I guess they're just rumors," she said, wiping the sides of her lips with a tissue. 

"I was actually there and saw the two of you wearing each other's jersey. I honestly thought it was cute. " 

I chuckled at the last part of her statement.

"It was an accident. We switched jerseys while changing in the changing room," she hums at my explanation. 

"Not gonna lie, you guys looked good together. I mean, you and Hyunjin," she said.

We'll never be together, though. 

"You like her, don't you?" 

I lifted my gaze up to her. How did she know? 

"I knew it," she smiled. 

"How?" was the only word that escaped from my mouth. 

"I saw myself in you, Two. I see you and your squad quite often in school, and I noticed your gaze at her. I just suddenly figured out that you like her," she said, sipping the iced coffee I got for her. 

"You saw yourself in me?" 

She didn't answer me fast as she was taking her time sipping her coffee.